I have been searching for as long as I can remember trying to locate a clean 45 copy of the Elgins VIP 25065 Heaven Must Have Sent You b/w Stay In My Lonely Arms. But it has eluded me completely despite my searching.

As most Elgins fans know, the record was initially released in the USA as VIP 25037 in 1966. As a result of a hit campaign in 1971 in the UK, Motown rereleased the two songs here in the US as VIP 25065. That is what I have been searching for, the VIP 25065.

I looked at www.seabear.se for a picture of the 25065 but the only picture that he has is a promo copy. A check of www.discogs.com has no picture of 25065 either. www.45cat shows two pictures/images for 25065. One of the images has the titles at the top from left to right and the groups name at the bottom. The other image has the title and groups name across the bottom. That clearly proves there were 2 different versions of 25065.

Does anyone have any ideas on the production statistics of 25065?

Unfortunately, I do not have the Complete Motown Singles 1971 which would show the picture for that release.

It simply baffles me why I cannot locate one of these. Were they reissued and pulled back for some unknown reason? Does anyone else own a copy of 25065?