[REMOVE ADS]

Name That Backwards Tune - Motown

I enjoyed this game and I am sure whoever watches this will find it quite easy. I scored 9 out of 9.

If you're don't know the difference between Gladys Knight and Aretha Franklin then you have no business doing this show.

It's really tough to watch this as a Motown fan, but they aren't claiming to be Motown experts or even Motown fans [and clearly, they aren't!], so I guess they have to be given a bit of a pass. Kind of like how I would give watching that podcast ever again, for any reason... a pass.

I love Motown name-that-tune games, but that was ridiculous! Aretha Franklin! Amy Winehouse! Al Green! Indeed!!! [[As much as I hate to admit it, Motown did reissue some of Al Green's HI Records albums on Motown CDs. I can see why these numb-skulls might have thought that Al was a Motown artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    I love Motown name-that-tune games, but that was ridiculous! Aretha Franklin! Amy Winehouse! Al Green! Indeed!!! [[As much as I hate to admit it, Motown did reissue some of Al Green's HI Records albums on Motown CDs. I can see why these numb-skulls might have thought that Al was a Motown artist.
    I had to work hard on concentrating on the game itself and ignoring the contestants and the host too.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    I had to work hard on concentrating on the game itself and ignoring the contestants and the host too.
    How many of the 9 did you get right, Gary? I'm ashamed to say that I did lousy! I got only 4 right -- Gladys' "Grapevine"; Smokey's "You've Really Got A Hold"; Martha's "Dancing In The Street", and The Supremes "Baby Love".

How many of the 9 did you get right, Gary? I'm ashamed to say that I did lousy! I got only 4 right -- Gladys' "Grapevine"; Smokey's "You've Really Got A Hold"; Martha's "Dancing In The Street", and The Supremes "Baby Love".
    I got all 9 correct. Admittedly I struggled with the last 1 but finally got it.

I got all 9 correct. Admittedly I struggled with the last 1 but finally got it.
    Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Thank you!

Thank you!
    Welcome! Ya know, Gary, I love playing "Name That Motown Tune". I wish we could play it more often on here. I wonder how they got the tracks to play backwards? Might there be an app that converts a song to play backwards?

Welcome! Ya know, Gary, I love playing "Name That Motown Tune". I wish we could play it more often on here. I wonder how they got the tracks to play backwards? Might there be an app that converts a song to play backwards?
    I don't know about an app but it's easy to do on a computer. Audio editing software allows you to reverse the audio wavefile, mp3 etc and play backwards. You can save the reversed file and play outside of the audio editing software.

I don't know about an app but it's easy to do on a computer. Audio editing software allows you to reverse the audio wavefile, mp3 etc and play backwards. You can save the reversed file and play outside of the audio editing software.
    My desktop PC died several months ago. Can this be done on a Smartphone?

My desktop PC died several months ago. Can this be done on a Smartphone?
    Yes. I did.

My bad, I thought you meant about watching the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Yes. I did.

My bad, I thought you meant about watching the clip.
    No problem, Satan's Blues. I know I can watch the results on my Smartphone. I meant, can those backward recordings be created on a Smartphone.

No problem, Satan's Blues. I know I can watch the results on my Smartphone. I meant, can those backward recordings be created on a Smartphone.
    Here's one app for the smartphone; I have not used it so I can't speak of any experience with the app:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgKg2g0ZmcY

Here's one app for the smartphone; I have not used it so I can't speak of any experience with the app:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgKg2g0ZmcY
    Thanks, Gary. I looked it over, but, as feared, it's all Greek to me.