[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Name That Backwards Tune - Motown

I enjoyed this game and I am sure whoever watches this will find it quite easy. I scored 9 out of 9.

If you're don't know the difference between Gladys Knight and Aretha Franklin then you have no business doing this show.

It's really tough to watch this as a Motown fan, but they aren't claiming to be Motown experts or even Motown fans [and clearly, they aren't!], so I guess they have to be given a bit of a pass. Kind of like how I would give watching that podcast ever again, for any reason... a pass.

I love Motown name-that-tune games, but that was ridiculous! Aretha Franklin! Amy Winehouse! Al Green! Indeed!!! [[As much as I hate to admit it, Motown did reissue some of Al Green's HI Records albums on Motown CDs. I can see why these numb-skulls might have thought that Al was a Motown artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    I love Motown name-that-tune games, but that was ridiculous! Aretha Franklin! Amy Winehouse! Al Green! Indeed!!! [[As much as I hate to admit it, Motown did reissue some of Al Green's HI Records albums on Motown CDs. I can see why these numb-skulls might have thought that Al was a Motown artist.
    I had to work hard on concentrating on the game itself and ignoring the contestants and the host too.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    I had to work hard on concentrating on the game itself and ignoring the contestants and the host too.
    How many of the 9 did you get right, Gary? I'm ashamed to say that I did lousy! I got only 4 right -- Gladys' "Grapevine"; Smokey's "You've Really Got A Hold"; Martha's "Dancing In The Street", and The Supremes "Baby Love".

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    How many of the 9 did you get right, Gary? I'm ashamed to say that I did lousy! I got only 4 right -- Gladys' "Grapevine"; Smokey's "You've Really Got A Hold"; Martha's "Dancing In The Street", and The Supremes "Baby Love".
    I got all 9 correct. Admittedly I struggled with the last 1 but finally got it.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    I got all 9 correct. Admittedly I struggled with the last 1 but finally got it.
    Congratulations!