[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson hosts Showtime At the Apollo

can be viewed on this YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCGnNuwP0ho

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    can be viewed on this YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCGnNuwP0ho
    As usual, Mary puts a smile on my face. Missed her calling, should have explored Jazz. Not that I don't enjoy her Walk the Line CD!
    She is certainly missed.

Good to see the full episode with good video quality. It was a fun show to watch in the late 80s and early 90s.

Gotta download this one. Whodini and Expose? Not to mention Mary? Definitely a keeper.

Mary also hosted an episode of this series when WALK THE LINE was released.

Expose really tears up Let Me Be the One on this episode.

BTW, did the woman who always sat front row center ever get an opportunity to host the show? She was always fun to watch as when she enjoyed a performance she really enjoyed it!

Yeah, that lady in the front was always one of the reasons to watch the show. She was a starring attraction in her own right but as far as I know nobody knows a thing about her. Would love to know how she managed a front row seat year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Yeah, that lady in the front was always one of the reasons to watch the show. She was a starring attraction in her own right but as far as I know nobody knows a thing about her. Would love to know how she managed a front row seat year after year.
    I think her name was Eva. She was always a joy to see because she was so enthusiastic. One year, she attended a taping of the Def Comedy Jam and Martin Lawrence introduced her with some not-so-nice words but it was all in fun.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think her name was Eva. She was always a joy to see because she was so enthusiastic. One year, she attended a taping of the Def Comedy Jam and Martin Lawrence introduced her with some not-so-nice words but it was all in fun.
    Damn it Reese, you have information on just about everything! I should've known you'd have something to share. Now tell us, where is Jimmy Hoffa?

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Damn it Reese, you have information on just about everything! I should've known you'd have something to share. Now tell us, where is Jimmy Hoffa?
    Ha Ha! Now that you mention it re Jimmy...

But for real, I can remember going to Amateur Night circa 2000 and being slightly disappointed that Eva wasn't there.