[REMOVE ADS]

R.I.P. Barbara Dozier, wife and business partner of Lamont Dozier

From Soul Tracks.com:
    We have just learned, courtesy of Adam White, author of Motown: The Sound of Young America, that Barbara Dozier, the wife of Motown singer, songwriter and producer Lamont Dozier, has died.
    White tweeted: Condolences to Lamont Dozier and his family on the tragic death of his wife Barbara. Always a powerhouse on his behalf. May she rest in peace.

The former Barbara Ullman has been married to Lamont Dozier for more than four decades. A graduate of California State University, Barbara has played a pivotal role in the post-Motown success of her husband, and the continuing relevance of his work.

The couple have lived for several years in Las Vegas and Los Angeles, where they have together run his publishing company as well as Hithouse Records.

Lamont Dozier became a household name as one-third of the legendary songwriting team of Holland-Dozier- Holland. His songs hit #1 more than four dozen times with such acts as The Supremes, the Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, Phil Collins and many others. These seminal hits include "Baby Love," “I Can’t Help Myself,” "How Sweet It Is [[to Be Loved by You)," "Reach Out I'll Be There" and "You Can't Hurry Love," among the many. He is an inductee in both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriter's Hall of Fame.

May she Rest in Peace.

Thoughts & Prayers for Lamont Dozier & Family. May she Rest in Peace.

Just saw this and heard this. Prayers for the family and may Barbara rest in heaven.

So very sorry to hear about your loss, Lamont. May Barbara rest in Heavenly peace.

Aww. So sorry to hear that. Condolences to Lamont, their children and Barbara's family.