[REMOVE ADS]

Phyllis would have turned 72 today

Shame on me for forgetting until Soul Tracks and another source reminded me that the spectacular Phyllis Hyman would have turned 72 today. [[Please someone more talented than me link the great Soul Tracks tribute that just went out!)

Considering that many of her contemporaries are still going strong, it is reasonable to think she could still be entertaining us if her demons had not taken her away.

Happy birthday, Phyllis.

Is this the link you meant?

https://www.soultracks.com/tribute-phyllis-hyman

Happy Birthday Phyllis. This is one of my favorite songs that Phyllis did. What's yours?

This is stunning but you may have to turn the volume up:

Thanks sansradio for the link. As for my favorite song, it can vary from time to time. But some of the nominees are I Refuse to Be Lonely, Give Me One Good Reason to Stay, Whatever Happened to Our Love, and Somewhere in My Lifetime.

Livestream discussion of Phyllis Hyman with Nick Martinelli, David Nathan, Avery Sunshine and host Patty Jackson.

Last edited by smallworld; 07-06-2021 at 07:30 PM.

The whole show!

Phyllis Hyman is the heritage artist I listened to most during the pandemic lockdown -- for better or worse. I discovered some new gems in her catalog. I have always loved her but my appreciation for her artistry has only deepened. Time has revealed that she is a wholly unique talent and she is sorely missed.

This rework of "Living Inside Your Love" is top of my playlist right now.