[REMOVE ADS]

Gamble & Huff; the women of PIR

Gamble/Huff and PIR, including Thom Bell were as important to the 70's as Motown was to the 60's.

The sheer wealth of great music from those two decades was insane when you really just stop and think about it. I am always listening for new music but I'll admit when I'm looking
    for new voices today I mostly have leave the genres of popular r&b, so called soul alone...

You got that right..........the stuff that passes for "soul" these days, or music in general for that matter, is downright pitiful compared to the REAL music of the good old days. Although it is a price I am now paying for getting [[and feeling!) older, I thank my lucky stars that my music buying days were the 60s through the 80s and maybe a "little" into the 90s, but beyond that, I pretty much lost interest in the direction that popular music has taken.