[REMOVE ADS]

Surrender !!! Outstanding

🍸Surrender 🍸Surrender oh my goodness gracious

One.Of.Her.Best.Songs. Oh my goodness, this song right here?!?! Darn near perfection.

Oh my gosh and goodness gracious me.....
    My oh my.

Holy catfish, that’s a hot one.

LOL that’s the one girls put your granny panties on and start dancing mahaamohaha

I say old chap, it's a jolly good song, what?

Valerie Simpson's left hand is definitely working very hard, and doing much more than just tickling the old ivories.

Tally ho for now.

One of Luther Vandross' favorite songs by the boss. Motown at this time was very much into the big screen so they were more focus into movies.

Surrender and Remember Me came out within the same general time frame, and to me, they will always be Diana's hottest solo singles.

Surrender is an excellent song and it's very hard to understand why it performed so badly in the US.

Reach Out I'll Be There hadn't done that well - it suffered by comparison with Mountain.

Perhaps it would have been better to release Surrender first.

Then I'm Still Waiting flopped when it had been massive in the UK with Surrender also going Top 10.

It was as if the jury was out on Diana unable to decide which way to jump.

Surrender is an excellent song but it is a bit of a runaway train. it can be a bit overbearing with the near shouting of the chorus. on top of that the singers are all in unison so it becomes even more pounding. perhaps some harmonies would have helped ease it up just a bit

still i love the song and the bring with the Give It To Me! is sensational. this should have been the follow up to Mountain. it has the same breathless frenzy but it's unique enough to not be a copy cat. Remember Me would have been a fine follow up to Surrender