[REMOVE ADS]

Demon Music's Gold series

Have they by any chance stopped producing those 3 CD sets that had been around for the last couple of years? I have not seen any new ones for a while and today I got a newsletter from the company and it did not mention the series at all.

Demon Record's Gold series is still active as far as I know. However, the ones that they've done recently [The Tremolos, The Dooleys, Belinda Carlisle & Van Doonican] aren't of much interest to most of the folks on this forum.

Lulu!
    Three CDs. Aged only 15, Lulu burst onto the pop scene in May 1964 with "Shout", her unforgettable cover of the Isley Brothers' timeless favorite. She enjoyed more hits on Decca before moving to EMI's Columbia label for string of hits produced by Mickie Most, including US #1 "To Sir With Love", "The Boat That I Row", "Me, The Peaceful Heart", "I'm A Tiger", and the joint winner of 1969's Eurovision song contest, "Boom Bang-A-Bang". After Lulu recorded the title song for James bond film "The Man With The Golden Gun", David Bowie produced her versions of his songs "Watch That Man" and "The Man Who Sold The World", a UK #3 hit. And she continued to have hits through the '70s and '80s, being nominated for a Grammy for Best female Rock Vocal Performance for "Who's Foolin' Who" In 1981. In 1993 "Independence" reached #11, and was followed late that year by her #1 collaboration With Take That on "Relight My Fire". Another notable collaboration is her duet with Ronan Keating, "We've Got Tonight". This 60-track set includes 22 chart hits [[including eight top ten entries) - all the above songs and many more, several on CD for the first time - and spans Lulu's career from her first to her most recent recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Lulu!
    Three CDs. Aged only 15, Lulu burst onto the pop scene in May 1964 with "Shout", her unforgettable cover of the Isley Brothers' timeless favorite. She enjoyed more hits on Decca before moving to EMI's Columbia label for string of hits produced by Mickie Most, including US #1 "To Sir With Love", "The Boat That I Row", "Me, The Peaceful Heart", "I'm A Tiger", and the joint winner of 1969's Eurovision song contest, "Boom Bang-A-Bang". After Lulu recorded the title song for James bond film "The Man With The Golden Gun", David Bowie produced her versions of his songs "Watch That Man" and "The Man Who Sold The World", a UK #3 hit. And she continued to have hits through the '70s and '80s, being nominated for a Grammy for Best female Rock Vocal Performance for "Who's Foolin' Who" In 1981. In 1993 "Independence" reached #11, and was followed late that year by her #1 collaboration With Take That on "Relight My Fire". Another notable collaboration is her duet with Ronan Keating, "We've Got Tonight". This 60-track set includes 22 chart hits [[including eight top ten entries) - all the above songs and many more, several on CD for the first time - and spans Lulu's career from her first to her most recent recordings.
    It's an excellent overview of a criminally underrated talent. I didn't care for some of those cheesy 60's hits, but when placed with a good producer she was capable of great things. This collection contains many such moments, and it's a steal at around £5.

See guys??? That kind of excitement was the reason why I was asking. I have half a dozen or so of these sets and found them to be an excellent value and usually quite comprehensive. Even if I already had almost every song on there, I would still buy the set for the right artists.

So most definitely keep them coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    See guys??? That kind of excitement was the reason why I was asking. I have half a dozen or so of these sets and found them to be an excellent value and usually quite comprehensive. Even if I already had almost every song on there, I would still buy the set for the right artists.

Hopefully there will be more. They are wonderful value for money collections. I am sure other titles will be forthcoming once certain clearance issues are overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post

And coming out in September is a 3CD Gold collection for UK Folk Artists Bert Jansch & The Pentangle [it may not be of interest to anyone here on this site but it does show that Demon's Gold series is Alive & Well].