[REMOVE ADS]

Dionne Warwick album question

I am selling some things on Discogs and occasionally run across something that I have to offer that no one else has ever tried to sell before, which can be interesting.

Today that is a Dionne Warwick CD I have entitled "The Essentials 1968-1975." Before I list this, I am concerned about its legitimacy.

It says it comes from the EU and is on a label called Hide and Seek Records. It has a catalog number and bar code, and some production and design people are mentioned by name. However one of the tracks is No Night So Long, which of course came along after 1975 for sure. Not only that, but the inner sleeve has no information of any kind and contains only a collage of photos, all of which were from her 1980s albums.

I have no memory of how I came to own this CD. I want to believe it is a legitimate release and therefore safe to consider for sale, but how could someone produce a CD with so much contradictory and inaccurate information?

Any thoughts? Does anyone else own this?

I found a photo online of a cd with the same title but I can't post it. Is yours sepia-tinted and has an old publicity photo of Dionne with a mike superimposed over the photo?

I would assume it is a bootleg, if only because of the old photo and the inclusion of NO NIGHT SO LONG, a recording outside of the period listed. I would think that someone with the actual rights would put together a better collection but you never know.

Yeah I think we are talking the same release. it has Dionne W in big white letters across the top and ne Warwick in a brownish color on a second line. 24 tracks starting with This Girl's in Love With You and ending with No Night So Long.

I usually check Wikipedia discographies for authorized releases. Discogs will list all releases but usually identify the bootlegs as such. The only Essentials Collection from Dionne seems to be from 1996 on the Global TV label. There doesn't seem to be a listing for an Essentials with years attached.