[REMOVE ADS]

Happy belated heavenly birthday to Florence Ballard

To my favorite Supreme: Happy birthday Flo! What are your favorite Flo moments? Whether it'd be on recording, TV, concert, etc.

I think for me Ain't That Good News is an obvious highlight and I also love her doing People, the long recorded version.

The Supremes appearance on Hullabaloo where they did Come See About Me and then later in the year Back In My Arms Again are my favorite TV moments. Also You Cant Hurry Love on Sullivan. She was radiant and full of charisma on these ones and my eyes always go right to her when I watch these clips.

Happy Birthday, Flo! Hope your special day was the best ever.

As the years pass, my love and appreciation for Flo remains entrenched in my heart. I’ve said this many times but in case there’s someone new here I will repeat it again: as wonderful as you may think she was, if you didn’t see her live, you don’t know HOW wonderful she was. It’s that way for Diana as well, but most folks know that. Flo made The Supremes special. She was like MSG in Chinese food delicacies: it may be great without it, but it’s elevated with it. The group was wonderful with Cindy, but nowhere near AS wonderful.

My fave moments?
    1) Supremes medley Ed Sullivan Pink Gowns
    2) Sammy Davis Special
    3 ) Ed Sullivan YCHL/Hits Medley

Happy late birthday Flo.

Hope Mary baked you a cake that you tried!

[[Sorry about the delay in my computer, my laptop charger keeps acting up).

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    What are your favorite Flo moments? Whether it'd be on recording, TV, concert, etc.
    So many! Definitely "Good News". I love Sam Cooke, so I don't say this lightly, but Flo has IMO the superior version of that song. Besting Sam Cooke? Kudos to Flo! Also her verse on the album version of "Makes No Difference Now". She killed it.

How happy she looks performing "Hurry Love" on Sullivan, I love it. Her wacking Bobby Rogers on the butt at the end of the TAMI show to get him to join her at the mic, makes me laugh every time.

I'll be here all day if I list it all. Lol