[REMOVE ADS]

The Marvelettes "Tie A String Around Your Finger" Tamla 54082 1963 Any Known Footage?

Great record the B-side of "My Daddy knows Best"

However "Tie A String Around Your Finger" was very popular when they performed live. The audiences loved their dance as they used to mime in unity tying the string around their fingers.

Does anybody know to any live footage of them performing this song?

Sorry Graham, there is actually very little Marvelettes live footage. What's on YT seems to be our lot. Someone did tell me ages ago that they performed 'Hunter' but this is unconfirmed and nothing has ever been discovered.

https://motowntreasures.createaforum.com/index.php

If someone could contact Jerry Blavat, a DJ who was a huge radio DJ in Philadelphia, maybe he has some footage in storage of Marvelettes. A few years ago, I bought some photos of the group appearing on his show [[I'm assuming the show was his, The Discophonic Scene). It appears they appeared a few times, circa 1966-1967. In one set of photos, the group are wearing the gowns that they wore on the Sophisitcated Soul album cover- but Gladys was still with the group for the Blavat T.V. appearances. Would be great if he had those performances in a vault somewhere. Even better if they could be released.

I twice tried to contact his website regarding DVDs that they were selling.There were 3 with Motown artists including the Isley Brothers, but I didn`t hear back. Maybe because I`m overseas and they perhaps only deal with locals. It would be worth following this up.