Preorder

Related searches

Hodges, James, Smith, & Crawford
Ace
Ace [[label)
Kent
Kent [[label)
Soul [[CD, LP)

A long-overdue tribute to the fantastic soul trio of Pat Hodges, Denita James, and Jessica Smith – a group who were often joined by a young Carolyn Crawford, to cut some fantastic singles back in the 70s! The group is wonderfully dynamic – as if everybody could be a soaring soulful lead – which gives the girls this sound that's way more than just the usual slice of female group soul from the time – something you'd know if you were lucky enough to score one of their rare 45s! And while the group did get the chance to cut a few albums, their best moments were often on 7" singles – which lead here to a whole other host of unissued tracks that sits nicely with cuts they released on labels like Pride and Mpingo. We've been huge fans of the group for decades, and have always treasured their singles – but here, we're discovering even more greatness than we knew existed – as the set features 13 tracks that were never issued back in the day, joining up with another 8 to make a glorious set list that includes "Wishful Thining", "Nobody", "In My Fantasy", "Write Me A Letter", "Let's Pick Up The Pieces", "Again", "Baby My Love Is Showing", "Let It Out Let It In", "I'm A Woman Who Loves You", "Ain't That Right", "If You wanna Love Me", and "It Cracks Me Up".