[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Lynda solo

Lynda solo

Here's a concert from 1985.

Can anyone make out who the 2 backup singers are? She introduces them at about 54:00. One is Robin Alexander; I assume the same Robin that sang with Mary for several years? Was she done working with Mary by this time? I wonder what she's up to today.

Is the other person Sundray?

At around 28:00 she introduces Sundray as her sister.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    At around 28:00 she introduces Sundray as her sister.
    Thank you; my eyes and ears aren't what they used to be!

Mary, I can't answer your question, but did you know that Lynda used to be in the group Consumer Rapport? Back in 1975, they had a dance-floor hit with "Ease On Down The Road". Whenever they played it at our local Disco, the dance floor filled up FAST!

https://youtu.be/dgeGZrV6d6I

Really? I have never heard that Lynda was in Consumer Rapport. Can anybody else confirm? She is not one of the women pictured with lead singer Frank Floyd on Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/artist/402172-Consumer-Rapport

Quote Originally Posted by markdtiller View Post
    Really? I have never heard that Lynda was in Consumer Rapport. Can anybody else confirm? She is not one of the women pictured with lead singer Frank Floyd on Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/artist/402172-Consumer-Rapport
    Mark, I learned that years ago. I'm trying to find some proof. In the meantime, isn't that Lynda pictured on the left? And 2nd from the left is Sundray, is it not?

https://www.discogs.com/artist/402172-Consumer-Rapport
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 07-14-2021 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Mark, I learned that years ago. I'm trying to find some proof. In the meantime, isn't that Lynda pictured on the left? And 2nd from the left is Sundray, is it not?

https://www.discogs.com/artist/402172-Consumer-Rapport
    Definitely not Lynda on the left.

I don't think it's either of them pictured:

I haven't given up yet. I'm still researching to find where I might have learned that. It would have to have been in one of my Disco books. I'll check it out later today.

Damned if I can find the resource from which I learned that. A search through my Disco books revealed nothing. Now I'm thinking it might have been on a Wing & A Prayer 12" single from back in the day -- maybe a special Christmas 12-incher on which the label listed Linda & Sundray Tucker as the vocalists. I remember being surprised and equally impressed because I loved the Wing & A Prayer label, the group Wing & A Prayer Fife & Drum Corps., and Consumer Rapport. I remember being impressed that a former Motown artist [[Lynda) followed up her Motown days with a successful Disco group like Consumer Rapport. At this time, that's all I can tell you.

Thanks Gary, would love to know. Those Tucker sisters were on a lot of recordings. As we all know even if it's not them in the picture, doesn't mean to say they weren't on the recording.

Quote Originally Posted by markdtiller View Post
    Thanks Gary, would love to know. Those Tucker sisters were on a lot of recordings. As we all know even if it's not them in the picture, doesn't mean to say they weren't on the recording.
    I hear ya, Mark. But, I've gotta tell you -- call me crazy, but those two girls on the left in that photo still look like a younger Lynda and Sundray to me. Time will eventually tell. In the meantime, I'll keep looking.