[REMOVE ADS]

What happened to Jean's CD?

Wasn't there talk a few years back that Jean was in the studio, recording a new jazz CD? I wonder if any tracks were ever completed, or what happened with the project?

Jean has no interest in the entertainment world so that is where your CD is.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    She had interest for a DVD though? And hasn't she popped up a few times with Mary Flowers and Freddi Poole? I don't buy she has no interest.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Jean was disappointed in the lackluster sales of her DVD, she surely lost money on it. She scrapped it and has nothing to do with show business. To date Jean had never made a statement on the passing of Mary Wilson which most of us find appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    She had interest for a DVD though? And hasn't she popped up a few times with Mary Flowers and Freddi Poole? I don't buy she has no interest.
    It's true Mary, Jean declared over ten years ago that she would never sing again. She also rarely appears in public.

Interesting clip but strange camera-work.........

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Jean was disappointed in the lackluster sales of her DVD, she surely lost money on it. She scrapped it and has nothing to do with show business. To date Jean had never made a statement on the passing of Mary Wilson which most of us find appalling.
    Yes, Jean's silence on Mary's passing is sad & sorry. However ... is it a JW thing to not acknowledge death?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Yes, Jean's silence on Mary's passing is sad & sorry. However ... is it a JW thing to not acknowledge death?
    Lynda is a JW and she acknowledged it

Lynda is a JW and she acknowledged it
    Yes. They have some idiosyncratic beliefs so I wonder if not acknowledging death is one?

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Interesting clip but strange camera-work.........
    Probably because it wasn't a professional video but someone's camera phone. Seeing how there's an actual cameraman on duty, it would be nice to see this performance in better quality.

Jean's thoughts on Mary's passing was an obvious absence, but I wonder if Jean herself might be having some difficulties. Was this Preston Glass event the last time she was seen in public or heard from? Maybe it is true that she and Mary were on bad terms in recent times, which might be why Jean was quiet. Personally I do find it the utmost phony when in life you wouldn't spit on a person if they were on fire, but in death you feel the need to say nice things you know you don't mean. I'd rather Jean be quiet than fake, if there was really bad blood between them. But I hope there was no bad blood and that Jean isn't also having health issues. Maybe Jean didn't think anyone cares what she thought about Mary's passing. She's not on social media and would it make sense for Jean Terrell, whom the general public hasn't heard a word about in eons, to send out a press release about Mary? Jean may have just offered her condolences personally to Turkessa and Pedro.

Jean's biography-DVD was certainly an odd situation. I tried for years to buy a copy and was never able to. It's difficult to imagine that Jean really put herself forward to get it publicized.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Jean's thoughts on Mary's passing was an obvious absence, but I wonder if Jean herself might be having some difficulties. Was this Preston Glass event the last time she was seen in public or heard from? Maybe it is true that she and Mary were on bad terms in recent times, which might be why Jean was quiet. Personally I do find it the utmost phony when in life you wouldn't spit on a person if they were on fire, but in death you feel the need to say nice things you know you don't mean. I'd rather Jean be quiet than fake, if there was really bad blood between them. But I hope there was no bad blood and that Jean isn't also having health issues. Maybe Jean didn't think anyone cares what she thought about Mary's passing. She's not on social media and would it make sense for Jean Terrell, whom the general public hasn't heard a word about in eons, to send out a press release about Mary? Jean may have just offered her condolences personally to Turkessa and Pedro.
    The last time Jean was in public that I can remember was when Mary had her costume line in LA about 5 or 6 years ago. Mary invited Jean and she attended along with Scherrie and Susaye. Lynda was unable to attend because of a previous engagement. There were no hard feelings between Mary and Jean. Jean has always been unpredictable and has chosen a life of anonymity and immersion into her religious beliefs. Several former members of the groups reached out to Jean after Mary's passing and for other events prior to that with no reponse. Jean also refused cooperation in the box set This Is The Story. I myself called her and asked her to reconsider, but she wouldn't.

The last time Jean was in public that I can remember was when Mary had her costume line in LA about 5 or 6 years ago. Mary invited Jean and she attended along with Scherrie and Susaye. Lynda was unable to attend because of a previous engagement. There were no hard feelings between Mary and Jean. Jean has always been unpredictable and has chosen a life of anonymity and immersion into her religious beliefs. Several former members of the groups reached out to Jean after Mary's passing and for other events prior to that with no reponse. Jean also refused cooperation in the box set This Is The Story. I myself called her and asked her to reconsider, but she wouldn't.
    I trust your word on Jean and Mary over that other "authority" who often made the allegation that there was bad blood between them, even suggesting that was why nothing from Jean when Mary passed. So it's good to know that's just a rumor and nothing more.

Well it's nice that Jean came out for Mary's gowns exhibit. I wonder why she'd do that, but not participate in TITS? I get it if she really has no interest in the business, but you'd think she'd want to give her thoughts in the compilation devoted to her time in the group. Bayou private message me Jean's number so I can get to the bottom of
    this.

The only thing I can surmise re: Jean and no statement on Mary's passing is that all former Supremes [[sans Cindy, for obvious reasons) have a social media presence, except Jean. I'm not sure whete Jean could say something, if there's no where to say it? I do suppose she could have reached out to Scherrie and passed along her thoughts. I don't think there was any bad blood between Jean and Mary, but I've heard stories about Jean and another Former Lady, so perhaps that's why she's been quiet.