[REMOVE ADS]

Did you read the morning paper

I absolutely love this masterpiece did you read the morning paper

We only get the Thursday and Sunday paper here. I mostly read it online these days. I do like getting the paper the Wednesday before Thanksgiving though, so I can look at all of the ads. I heard though that Walmart and Best Buy are going to be closed on the holiday, so I suppose everything will be online again.

Anyway, today's paper said rain. So I brought an umbrella to work, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    We only get the Thursday and Sunday paper here. I mostly read it online these days. I do like getting the paper the Wednesday before Thanksgiving though, so I can look at all of the ads. I heard though that Walmart and Best Buy are going to be closed on the holiday, so I suppose everything will be online again.

Anyway, today's paper said rain. So I brought an umbrella to work, just in case.
    Baby, let me lend you mine.

Her voice wants me want to read the morning paper Today’s headline ☕️ Mary is drinking a mighty fine coffee the question is does she like it Black or White with lots of cream and sugar investigators please

it's a stunning track from an amazing album. i think it's unfortunately that the general public never really got to experience this set since it charted relatively poorly and has sort of slipped away. but at least us fans are devoted to it

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    it's a stunning track from an amazing album. i think it's unfortunately that the general public never really got to experience this set since it charted relatively poorly and has sort of slipped away. but at least us fans are devoted to it
    You are correct. It is a stunning track from a stunning album. It still sounds wonderful today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    You are correct. It is a stunning track from a stunning album. It still sounds wonderful today.
    can't believe motown just basically threw this album away. it's just too perfect of a set and there really was almost no promotion of it. of course her pregnancy certainly impacted her ability to prmote it too

I still say that Motown dropped the ball on Diana's 2nd AND 3rd solo LP outings. Ashford & Simpson were on a hot streak with Diana. Immediately following "Reach Out And Touch" and, especially, "Ain't No Mountain High Enough", should have come "Remember Me" and "Surrender", accompanied by the "Surrender" album which was perfect from start to finish. Then should have come the "Everything Is Everything" LP, although I would have retitled it "My Place", which I would have also released as a single. It was classic Motown and, IMO, a much better song than "Everything Is Everything" which, to this day, I still find annoying." The next single should have been "I'm Still Waiting" which Diana had a huge hit with in the U.K. while the U.S. got no singles from that album whatsoever. What a horrible waste! Somebody at Motown surely had their head up their proverbial butt! Fortunately, Diana was able to pick up the slack with the "Touch Me In The Morning" single and LP, after having struck out on two missed opportunities.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 07-03-2021 at 02:23 AM.

I've given Did You Read The Morning paper another listen but I just don't get it although the Surrender album is overall superb and deserved much better.

Personally don't think the Everything album lives up to her debut but certainly My Place had possibilities as a single.

They were too slow off the mark in releasing Remember Me - I know Mountain stayed on the chart for over 3 months but had remember been released a month earlier it could have gone much bigger on Moutain's coat-tails always remembering it was airplay which held it back somewhat.

For me Remember Me is Diana's finest moment - a classic piece of pop-soul in which you can hear the angst in her voice and which has stood the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    I've given Did You Read The Morning paper another listen but I just don't get it although the Surrender album is overall superb and deserved much better.

Personally don't think the Everything album lives up to her debut but certainly My Place had possibilities as a single.

They were too slow off the mark in releasing Remember Me - I know Mountain stayed on the chart for over 3 months but had remember been released a month earlier it could have gone much bigger on Moutain's coat-tails always remembering it was airplay which held it back somewhat.

For me Remember Me is Diana's finest moment - a classic piece of pop-soul in which you can hear the angst in her voice and which has stood the test of time.
    You will get no arguements from me regarding Remember me. It remains my all time favourite Ross tune and i am still at a loss as to why it didn't go bigger in the States. It would easily have gone top 3 in the UK had she been able to promote it. I never tired of telling her how much it meant to me, and her dedicating to me in concert remains my ultimate Ross moment. Nothing will ever surpass that magical moment.

Bluebrock

If Diana does make to thse shores next year for what would probably be her final concerts in the UK you should have a word in her ear that she should include Remember Me in her list.

She's sung it many times even if not recently and even non-Diana fans here regard it highly.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Bluebrock

If Diana does make to thse shores next year for what would probably be her final concerts in the UK you should have a word in her ear that she should include Remember Me in her list.

She's sung it many times even if not recently and even non-Diana fans here regard it highly.
    Already done it!

Some are quite gullible, just saying ……