[REMOVE ADS]

rare live Edwin Starr video never shown on tv..S.O.S.

Having just got the rights back to all my earlier TV specials, this is one of my favorites with Louvaine Damps, The Originals and my favorite cha-cha Edwin Starr electric jamEdwin Starr, classic Motown cha-cha and my personal Top 10 of all Motown tunes...enjoy this electric live rocker https://youtu.be/FnRog8a23ms

Really nice! Good to see the Originals and Louvain here backing Edwin. So what happened that you had to regain the rights to your productions?

nothing bad - - all good...

...and so much classic Motown, soul and R&B not even mixed yet! Hundreds of interviews.....

TJL, the recording quality, both sound and visual is extraordinarily good. The performance adheres precisely to the original even to the same tempo! Can we expect any of The Originals performing? Many thanks.

Mike
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 06-05-2023 at 09:00 AM.

Excellent video - would love to see more.

Absolutely wonderful. Thank you TJL

Count me in on this queue for paying compliments, too....

Yes...'Excellent'....'Absolutely wonderful'......

This clip presents live sound at its best....not only from on stage, but also from the audience.

Entertainment starts and ends right here.

I guess all the music shows available to view must receive post-production work....but this has a certain quality to the sound that so many of the other shows lack...

And 'electric' is indeed the word for it....

That was bitchin.'!!!! What a way to start Monday morning. RIP Mr Starr, still rocking us from the great beyond via TJL

Fabulous to see this performance. A fantastic vibe!

It was a very rough mix we did back in 2004 hat emulated closely the stereo mix of the song, precise to the piano panning hard right.

My old pal Harry Weinger was there and brought the multi-tracks for the band to orchestrate and play live to - note-for-note. Plenty of others in the can to be mixed still, "Double-O-Soul," "War" and 25 Miles. Sadly we were running late and I had to cut "If My Heart Could Tell A Story" another one of the personal gems that meant so much to us in Jersey & Philly.

So much Motown material in my vaults and interviews over the years - possibly a dvd and cd release in the future. I'm still dying to mix Frances Nero who was also at one the show, as was Kim Weston and Brenda Holloway, Tops, Tempts, Miracles, Contours, Gladys Horton's Marvelettes, Martha, Undisputed Truth, The Originals, Mary Wilson singing two songs and Johnny Bristol coaching her through it, Dennis Edwards and more - even Frankie Gaye with Kim Weston was on one show- not yet released. Plus, an entire unreleased album/cd of hits we did with The Reflections still unmixed. It will take a year or more to do - but excited about all I know can do with my earlier shows.
    Last edited by tjl; 06-05-2023 at 10:18 AM.

Outstanding!! As are the other videos on your channel. Thanks for posting!

Excellent, wow it sounds so good. Thanks TJ.

Great video! Did Brenda Holloway perform any more songs at your show? I remember a great version of Every Little Bit Hurts from the Motown special.

for Brenda:
    "You've Made Me So Very Happy"
    "Every Little Bit Hurts"
    "Just Look What You Have Done"

and I have to check the raw tapes, but I'm pretty sure
    "When I'm Gone"

Thanks, Tjl. I really enjoyed that! It's amazing how accurately they recreated The Motown Sound on a live stage. Edwin still had what it takes, and, as always, it was great seeing Louvain Demps singing back-up on the far right. What a wonderful production that was!

Quote Originally Posted by tjl View Post
    for Brenda:
    "You've Made Me So Very Happy"
    "Every Little Bit Hurts"
    "Just Look What You Have Done"

and I have to check the raw tapes, but I'm pretty sure
    "When I'm Gone"
    Oh wow - please please please release these! Would love to see and hear these with the great band / backup singers!

...and forgot Bonnie Pointer too!