[REMOVE ADS]

Mary's "One Night With You"

If I remember correctly, this single was the lead from Mary's "Walk the Line" album.

I always liked the video; compared to the others she ever put out, this looks like a "real" production. Although I question the age difference between Mary and her "beau". Can we say COUGAR? LOL.

This is the only Mary Wilson song I have ever performed onstage, and it always got a very nice response. Of course, no one ever really knew who the artist was, but it's been nice to pay homage to my namesake.

It's unfortunate that CEO folded so quickly after "WTL" was released. I'm not suggesting this would have brought Mary back to the top of the charts, but she could have had a nice showing with this ballad; perfectly suited for her.

I remember Billboard gave the single a good review, but I never heard it on the radio.

It was a pleasant surprise to find the cassingle for this during one of my trips to Tower Reccords. I had seen Mary sing it the previous year on THE LOU RAWLS PARADE OF STARS and thought it was a nice showcase for her voice.

I am fortunate enough to have it on a CD single. Great song for Mary, it didn't go anywhere and when they released "Walk The Line", they decided to promote the title track. I remember reading some comments that this video was sub-par and that in a portion that Mary's lip syncing did not match the song. I don't really see that, but it was still a good song for Mary and a good song regardless to listen to.