[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys Knight, Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr Performing in NYC This Saturday FREE

LIVE CONCERT BY GLADYS & McCOO &DAVIS
    PLUS SHOWING OF DOCUMENTARY

By Roger Friedman
    "Summer of Soul” takes the unseen footage from the 1969 Harlem Cultural Festival in Mt. Morris Park and tells the story of classic soul and R&B groups coming together for a historic concert

So now, this Saturday, in Marcus Garvey Park aka Mt. Morris Park, the original venue, there will be a free outdoor screening of the documentary. And then– drum roll!– performances by Gladys Knight. and by Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr of the 5th Dimension.

The Richard Rodgers Amphitheater at Marcus Garvey Park is at 123rd St. to. The screening starts around 6:30pm so get there early. “Summer of Soul” opens nationwide and is available on Hulu on July 2,2021.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/06/1...urday-for-free

Years ago YouTube hosted a clip of GK&TP performing Giving Up from this concert that has been removed. It was one of their best performances. Friendship Train may have been the other featured performance. I will have to break tradition and see this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by nabob View Post
    Years ago YouTube hosted a clip of GK&TP performing Giving Up from this concert that has been removed. It was one of their best performances. Friendship Train may have been the other featured performance. I will have to break tradition and see this movie.
    YouTube had a few more of their performances as well: DIDN'T YOU KNOW, I WISH IT WOULD RAIN, and THE MASQUERADE IS OVER / GRAPEVINE. But now I can only find I WISH IT WOULD RAIN.

In any event, I can't wait to see this film.

Should be a great evening of celebration and I, too, can't wait to see the film!

Wow! Thanks Milven for the News! Sounds like this will be a Big Event.

Here are details at official site. Though free, tickets are required and lottery for tickets closed a few days ago. Sounds like this will be a great event.

https://cityparksfoundation.org/events/summer-of-soul/

Those of you with Hulu access, good news: The concert is streaming as I type this. I caught the tail end of Gladys’ set.

Can't find it on Hulu. Was it a one-time showing?

Quote Originally Posted by fourtopsjim View Post
    Can't find it on Hulu. Was it a one-time showing?
    I have to assume it was. I can't find it now, either. Sidebar: There were technical glitches aplenty, so it's probably for the best.