[REMOVE ADS]

David Ruffin - You're My Peace Of Mind

I remember the version by Faith, Hope & Charity and never knew David Ruffin had done it until his solo work came out through Hip-O back when. There are two versions he did, one being more upbeat and disco with all the horns, which is incredible. Does anyone know why these two versions were done? I have since come to like his version more than F,H&C. This one should have definitely done much better. Thanks for any input.

Hi nathan, I love this song! The Faith, Hope & Charity version is great too, but David tops it for me.

I was not aware that there are two versions by David!! I must only have the uptempo one, which I guess was on the original album, In My Stride. Do you have the second version?

Yes, the version I am referring to is headphone material! I'm sure I have the other version but not sure which was on In My Stride. Contact me at nathanj06@yahoo.com and I'll see that you get it.

Disco that opens with a harmonica! Does life get any better !!

This is the other version with slight variances. I like them both but listen to this one most of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfykvxpLDWQ