[REMOVE ADS]

The Dixie Cups. Stories of Abuse

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Joe Jones is mentioned in the story as the manager who stole their hard earned money. Does anyone know if this is the singer You Talk Too Much?
    He was associated with the Roulette label as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Joe Jones is mentioned in the story as the manager who stole their hard earned money. Does anyone know if this is the singer You Talk Too Much?
    He was associated with the Roulette label as I recall.
    I just looked up Joe Jones on Wikpedia and they say he's the same person who had the hit with "You Talk Too Much" that 'discovered & managed' The Dixie Cups. Sorry to hear that the group that we remember fondly with their string of hits in the '60s had to suffer so much abuse [both financial & physical].

Thanks for posting this, Luke. Just ordered the book. eBay has the best price if
    anyone is interested.

Your welcome lakeside. Glad you could get it at a good price! I wonder when the Shirelles book will be out?
    Last edited by luke; 06-15-2021 at 07:00 PM.

YES, its the same Joe Jones.As far as I know Barbara & Rose both live in Tampa, Fl. now they moved there after Hurricane Katrina. My brother knows them & had told me how bad they were treated. Can't wait to read the book.

I love the Dixies and am saddened by this. BUT ... not surprised. One of my treasured lps is a Dixie Cups with the cover a photo of a ... Dixie cup with a ornament of a husband and wire.