[REMOVE ADS]

Diana - All is Well [[It’s Alright)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wJelztehHVs&feature=share

Has this other unreleased song ever been discussed here? I don’t recall seeing a thread about it. On YouTube, some say it was from I Love You sessions and others are saying it is new from 2019-2020.

It has been discussed months ago it may be on her bee album

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    It has been discussed months ago it may be on her bee album
    Not sure what her "bee" album is. I haven't seen many comments buzzing around about that album, but there may yet be a sting in the tale.
    As regards her new single and album they were meant to drop early July around Independence Day, but i noticed the single has been brought forward, and i am not sure how that may affect the album's release date.

All us Bees are waiting for that new album

Quote Originally Posted by Deepdishus2001 View Post
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=wJelztehHVs&feature=share

Has this other unreleased song ever been discussed here? I don’t recall seeing a thread about it. On YouTube, some say it was from I Love You sessions and others are saying it is new from 2019-2020.
    I guess we know now, it’s on the new album. The key seems a little high for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I guess we know now, it’s on the new album. The key seems a little high for her.
    There are 2 or 3 tracks on the new album that are in the wrong key for her in my opinion. I haven't heard the full finished album as yet, but that is my opinion thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    There are 2 or 3 tracks on the new album that are in the wrong key for her in my opinion. I haven't heard the full finished album as yet, but that is my opinion thus far.
    It conjures up memories of “What Can One Person Do” lol.

Don’t really hear any strain on this and it’s helped by the leisurely pace of the song. On What Can One Person Do she sounds like she’s sucking helium. Probably my least favorite track on WO.

Don’t really hear any strain on this and it’s helped by the leisurely pace of the song. On What Can One Person Do she sounds like she’s sucking helium. Probably my least favorite track on WO.
    Agree, nothing in the league of “WCOPD” being the only song from that album i’m not terribly fond of. It actually had potential, but the arrangement and having Diana screech it at the top of her vocal register kind of kills it for me.

It conjures up memories of “What Can One Person Do” lol.
    Exactly. And they sure as hell ain't good memories.

Agree, nothing in the league of “WCOPD” being the only song from that album i’m not terribly fond of. It actually had potential, but the arrangement and having Diana screech it at the top of her vocal register kind of kills it for me.
    Blame Nile. He was literally out of it when he produced that hot mess.

Without a doubt. The Bottom Line, WO, Paradise and Going Through the Motions were the songs I felt that had the proper key for her. Just Say We Can and This House come next but they start to veer into too high a key.

Without a doubt. The Bottom Line, WO, Paradise and Going Through the Motions were the songs I felt that had the proper key for her. Just Say We Can and This House come next but they start to veer into too high a key.
    All the tracks you listed are great songs. It’s only “WCOPD” and “Take The Bitter With The Sweet that test the limits of my eardrums.

All the tracks you listed are great songs. It’s only “WCOPD” and “Take The Bitter With The Sweet that test the limits of my eardrums.
    Agree wholeheartedly. I wonder if she hates this album because of the music or because the state Nile was in. There are some really good to great tracks on it.

Agree wholeheartedly. I wonder if she hates this album because of the music or because the state Nile was in. There are some really good to great tracks on it.
    I am tempted to say it is mainly down to the quality of the tunes, but some of the members on here such as yourself really like that album and it would be disrespectful to rain on your parade. Let us just say it was a combination of Nile's unacceptable behaviour and a lack of vocal guidance in the studio as well as the standard of songs he selected for the project.

I am tempted to say it is mainly down to the quality of the tunes, but some of the members on here such as yourself really like that album and it would be disrespectful to rain on your parade. Let us just say it was a combination of Nile's unacceptable behaviour and a lack of vocal guidance in the studio as well as the standard of songs he selected for the project.
    As you have already mentioned, Diana adores “I Am Me”, “So Close” And i presume as she co-wrote and produced it “Girls”. She also chose to record “Fool For Your Love”, “We Are The Children” as well as selecting songs for “I Love You”.
    As such i do not take her musical likes and dislikes as an accurate barometer for what might be classed as decent music lol.
    Upon its release ”WO” received plenty of positive trade reviews and there are many fans who post on media outlets that still enjoy the album. Vocally she sounds more engaged then she does on the “FBTP” album.
    I think it’s those couple of screechy, high pitched numbers that detractors of the album remember most.
    As has been said many times before, “It all comes down to personal taste.

I figured his behavior had to be at least part of the reasons why she disliked the album so much. I saw the tour and she was on fire. She gave the songs energy in her performance. She seemed to particularly enjoy performing Paradise. She looked spectacular in that short fringed black dress.

As you have already mentioned, Diana adores “I Am Me”, “So Close” And i presume as she co-wrote and produced it “Girls”. She also chose to record “Fool For Your Love”, “We Are The Children” as well as selecting songs for “I Love You”.
    As such i do not take her musical likes and dislikes as an accurate barometer for what might be classed as decent music lol.
    Upon its release ”WO” received plenty of positive trade reviews and there are many fans who post on media outlets that still enjoy the album. Vocally she sounds more engaged then she does on the “FBTP” album.
    I think it’s those couple of screechy, high pitched numbers that detractors of the album remember most.
    As has been said many times before, “It all comes down to personal taste.
    I think those co-writes are mainly for the royalties. Lol I believe songwriters get more for that. The Lady is not dumb. Lol

I figured his behavior had to be at least part of the reasons why she disliked the album so much. I saw the tour and she was on fire. She gave the songs energy in her performance. She seemed to particularly enjoy performing Paradise. She looked spectacular in that short fringed black dress.
    She was indeed on fire around this time. A lot of that was down to her having a settled personal life. She was blissfully happy and she positively glowed with enthusiasm around this time, and you can say what you like about the lady, but she was the ultimate professional and was not going to let the trivial matter of a sub standard album piss on her parade. Happy memories.

I think those co-writes are mainly for the royalties. Lol I believe songwriters get more for that. The Lady is not dumb. Lol
    You hit the nail firmly on the head there my friend!
    The lady is a very astute business woman.

You hit the nail firmly on the head there my friend!
    The lady is a very astute business woman.
    Thank you Sir. Very smart lady. Notice that it says she co-wrote all 13-15 tracks on the new album. Somewhat surprised, and thankful, that she didn’t sneak Evan and Rhonda on to it also. Only because that it would open up another Avenue of attack for some people.

Thank you Sir. Very smart lady. Notice that it says she co-wrote all 13-15 tracks on the new album. Somewhat surprised, and thankful, that she didn’t sneak Evan and Rhonda on to it also. Only because that it would open up another Avenue of attack for some people.
    I think we can safely say her writing contributions to the album will be on the modest side to say the least. Unless she has suddenly developed the God given gift of being able to create a melody and incisive lyrics that would make Stevie green with envy of course!

Rhonda said she did write a song.

I think we can safely say her writing contributions to the album will be on the modest side to say the least. Unless she has suddenly developed the God given gift of being able to create a melody and incisive lyrics that would make Stevie green with envy of course!
    I think she's credited on "Thank You" for contributing the spoken word "thank you so much" and "thank you for my life" as well as the screaming "THANK YOU THANK YOU", lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I think she's credited on "Thank You" for contributing the spoken word "thank you so much" and "thank you for my life" as well as the screaming "THANK YOU THANK YOU", lol.
    Yes i reckon you have well and truly hit the nail on the head with that summing up of the situation!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    True poetry

All Is Well sounds soooo good! I hope they have not changed too much in the finalized version

Hey, if it worked for Beyoncé, it’s good enough for me. Lol

I think it’s great that Diana has songwriting credits on this album. There was nothing wrong with her poetry in Secrets of a sparrow. If she can contribute a couple of lines in a song, more power to her. This is what other artist do all the time. It shows that artistically she was really involved in this project, and that should be applauded.

Why did it take her so long to start? She's been in the business for so long and is only credited for a handful of songs

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    Why did it take her so long to start? She's been in the business for so long and is only credited for a handful of songs
    I remember an interview in which she downplayed her songwriting skills by saying she’d always write “little ditty” songs like Work That Body. She stated she didn’t feel she had great songwriting skills, but tries. I guess she felt it wasn’t her strongest talent in spite of the sporadic attempts.

Somebody, get this taken off YouTube!! I cannot stop playing the clip!!! I'm not going 2 b a happy camper if they change it too much!