[REMOVE ADS]

Meet The Temptations - original Mono mix on CD?

On the 1999 reissue of Meet The Temptations the notes say that the album was originally released in March 1964 and "subsequently remixed and released in Stereo in 1966".

The 1999 CD is certainly the stereo mix.

Has the original mono mix of this album ever been released on CD?

If not, this would be a great place to start for an "Expanded Edition" program for The Temptations on physical CDs. All 50-plus albums!

Quote Originally Posted by wichmanne View Post
    On the 1999 reissue of Meet The Temptations the notes say that the album was originally released in March 1964 and "subsequently remixed and released in Stereo in 1966".

The 1999 CD is certainly the stereo mix.

Has the original mono mix of this album ever been released on CD?
    As far as I know, the original mono mix of Meet The Temptations hasn't been reissued on CD. However, all of the songs on that album [which consisted of most of their early Motown singles] were reissued in mono on Vols. 1 thru 4 of The Complete Motown Singles series. And I agree with you that The Tempts should get an 'expanded & remastered' series of their albums on Motown.
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 06-14-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Yes, good point about TCMS. One of the best surprises [[for me at least) was the version of "Just Let Me Know" on TCMS volume 4. A completely different Paul Williams vocal from the stereo LP version, and one my favourite early Temps songs. I wonder whether this is the version that would have been on the original 1964 mono LP release - I guess it is.