[REMOVE ADS]

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Canada is now the most vaccinated country in the world; it appears the current thinking is that there will be a 4th wave here too but this will become the "pandemic of the unvaccinated".

So, assuming Diana is totally vaccinated, should she not be safe?
    No one is totally safe even after having had both vaccines.
    She will not take any chances with her health, and i fully support her in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    True but 98.6% of the hospitalizations are of unvaccinated people and 99.5% of deaths are amongst unvaccinated people.

If she really really really wants to perform and we are talking next year, do you think it will be a "no" or are there some reasonable chances it will proceed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I as well, Mr. B. Much as I would love to see 'my girl' concertizing again [[with me in the audience!) Diana, like all of us, is free to make her own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    not sure , but i am hearing THANK YOU is #1 in UK, very exciting but of course here in the states , nothing much.
    i think part of the issue might be the album is available to order but not the single unless you order just the song from the album.
    imo the single should be listed seperately to generate sales and interest.
    hope it does well for her
    I don't this this would make any difference sales-wise but I wish there were a 'souvenir' 45-rpm picture sleeve of the single!

So. After several weeks of listening I can report that I LOVE TY. Hit status or not, it's an excellent single all-around. Multiple hooks, nice churchy organ, infectious rhythm, and ... THAT VOICE! The lady is in excellent vocal shape and I love that she uses all areas of her voice on the song, including the spoken drop-ins and understated melismas. Lyrically I, of course, in singing directly to ME [[) in thanks for her legendary, storied career and I REALLY love that the lyric perfectly expresses my thanks to Our Miss Ross for the decades of joy and happiness that being a Diana Ross fan has given me.

I need All Is Well! I done just about wore out that clip on YouTube!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    True but 98.6% of the hospitalizations are of unvaccinated people and 99.5% of deaths are amongst unvaccinated people.

If she really really really wants to perform and we are talking next year, do you think it will be a "no" or are there some reasonable chances it will proceed?
    She really does want to do the tour, and fingers crossed she will undertake it next summer but no final decision will be taken until early next year. In the meantime the tour will continue to be promoted as if there are no doubts whatsoever of it taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I don't this this would make any difference sales-wise but I wish there were a 'souvenir' 45-rpm picture sleeve of the single!
    Many artists have been doing this recently, selling out quickly with 4-5.000 copies made available. It would not have impact on overall charts but there would be sales. I would absolutely buy any 45 single made available from the album.

The Weeknd released over 30 [[!) physical formats of the first singles from his latest album and they all sold out immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post
    Many artists have been doing this recently, selling out quickly with 4-5.000 copies made available. It would not have impact on overall charts but there would be sales. I would absolutely buy any 45 single made available from the album.

The Weeknd released over 30 [[!) physical formats of the first singles from his latest album and they all sold out immediately.
    Wow - good for The Weeknd! He must have a dedicated fan base. I am interested in the 'special editions' / bundles being offered for the new Diana lp [but still like the limited edition single idea). The expandeds that have been issued for Diana's solo years as well as The Supremes have been great, but nothing QUITE as spectacular has have been done for Cat Stevens, Neil Young, Springsteen and now Tina, etc.

I have always bought physicals. I have been buying recent releases [[mostly 7" vinyl singles but also CD singles and 12" singles) from several artists like Prince, Kylie Minogue and Pet Shop Boys.

These always seem to sell out quickly and become sought after collectorīs items. There is definitely a market for these for fans/collectors. I would love it if Diana released some limited physical singles from the new album.

hope it does well for Diana but i am disapointed it hasnt really charted here yet ,.damn

From Diana's website...

Name:  20210728_200945.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  57.6 KB

I wonder why so many singles released in such a short period of time? Two weeks between singles #2 and #3? Is the point to saturate the market? Garner more interest? See if something clicks?

I still think "THANK YOU" is fantastic; Diana utilizing her lower register is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I wonder why so many singles released in such a short period of time? Two weeks between singles #2 and #3? Is the point to saturate the market? Garner more interest? See if something clicks?

I still think "THANK YOU" is fantastic; Diana utilizing her lower register is brilliant.
    Many acts do that these days--make more songs available to be heard via streaming or whatever platform [[even radio!) the closer it comes to release of the album. We're not in the late 20th century any longer when a single would be released before the album with another single or two or three [[or 5 or more if you're Michael Jackson or Madonna) released after the album drops.

I, for one, am SO happy to be experiencing new Diana Ross music - BIG thanks to the lady and her crew[[s)!

So far the music I have heard from Diana is incredible

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    So far the music I have heard from Diana is incredible
    Gotta agree with you there, AY! Who else is being discussed on a daily basis 60+ years into their career? Diana Ross has given me decades of joy and I only wish her the best.

Just saw a post in one of the Facebook groups, noting that the release date for Diana's album has been changed on her website to November. After visiting her website, that sadly does seem to be the case. I guess we will have to wait a few more months. I wonder if it has to do with their promotional plan or if they're delaying it because the vinyl pressings won't be ready until then? Due to the huge vinyl demand, most vinyl versions of new album releases tend to be delayed these days.
    Last edited by carlo; 08-12-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Looks like they removed the November release date moments ago and now it just says:

"Good news, keeping the momentum going we will announce the new album release date soon.”

On one hand releasing an album called "Thank You" closer to the holidays would make sense. I wonder why the delay?

Strange. Surely they could have thought of the Christmas market earlier, if that is the case?

Maybe they are having manufacturing problems. Since they donīt seem to be giving a specific release date I think that is most likely the reason. As someone mentioned, it could be because of the vinyl.

Orders need to be put in months and months ahead for vinyl releases, due to demand. One album I bought this summer [[Marina) was only out on CD, with the vinyl to follow in February next year! The latest Lana Del Rey album was pushed back several months altogether, when it became clear that the vinyl would not be ready on release date.

I am a little disappointed since I am looking so much forward to the album. But hey, it will still be out before we know it!

Shame .

Historically so much of sales depended on pressings and distribution. I can recall being unable to refill our THRILLER orders ....the #1 LP at the time. Many many orders of singles came up empty handed....

Tower Records had the coolest display above their 45 section ... a wall of Billboard's Hot 100 singles in order. Easily a third of the cubbies would be empty.

Some things never change it appears .