[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I am extremely excited for new music from Diana, finally. I have resisted listening to any snippets but it is good to hear that overall people seem to like them.

If the picture above is indeed the album cover I must say it would have been nice to see a new photo on the cover. But I really did not expect that anyways and to have new music after all these years is all I really need.
    Can´t wait to buy the different physical releases from all over the world.

I also hope that the raised profile [[because of the new album) will mean that we will also see some physical re-issues happening soon. For example, the UK re-issues of her 1989-1999 albums are hopefully still on the horizon. With an upcoming tour and a new album it seems like the perfect time to release them.

That you Paul it sounds as if it’s going to be a love filled album

Is there a link for this new album

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Recorded in her home studio,
    That explains what I was hearing in the audio sample. During the pandemic, some artists have been recording their vocals at home using their iPhone mic. I'm a little surprised at the 1990s cover image.

Sounds really good

Thanks for the info, Paul! So so exciting!

Hoping that is just the photo used for the ‘single’ and that there is a new picture for the album cover because she still looks so great. The most important thing is that the money was invested in the music and it is on a major label. Will buy the vinyl, CD, deluxe editions, international editions, etc. lol

For those wondering why no new photo. Keep in mind Covid and the fact that California has been on lockdown. IÂ’m sure the last thing a woman her age is concerned with is a glam squad all up in her face/personal space. Health first.

Well said, khansperac.

Jack Antonoff, who is listed as one of the collaborators, had tweeted this last year...Name:  Screenshot_20210616-120858_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  60.9 KB

Will this drop at midnight?

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Will this drop at midnight?
    Yes, it should.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    For those wondering why no new photo. Keep in mind Covid and the fact that California has been on lockdown. IÂ’m sure the last thing a woman her age is concerned with is a glam squad all up in her face/personal space.
    That is nonsense. She did not have new pix in her products for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    That is nonsense. She did not have new pix in her products for decades.
    Wasn't the "I LOVE YOU" cover photo at least 20 years old?

And sorry, pandemic or not, she's freaking Diana Ross. She certainly can afford a photographer to come to her home to have a few professional photos taken. Tracee is constantly posting new shoots; no excuse to use something a decade or three old.

Can someone post the links to the snippets? All I can find is the one that sounds like "You're All I Need to Get By". I sure hope Ashford and Simpson get some sort of writing credit on that one; I remember a few years back how vicious everyone was with "Blurred Lines" being "inspired" by Marvin. This CLEARLY was inspired by Nick and Val.

I still can't figure out why it's on Decca, but whatevs. Happy to have something new. Verve would have been a better fit. Or for heaven's sake Motown! Which Universal also owns. Corporate label gobbledeegook.

Diana Ross had new pictures with Tracy and Evan if she wants new pictures she put new pictures Out plain and simple

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Diana Ross had new pictures with Tracy and Evan if she wants new pictures she put new pictures Out plain and simple
    Goodness! So many trolls makes me feel like we're in Norway, right??

The cover is indeed an album cover... The album is due September 10th.

Name:  R2HJXLl.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  86.7 KB

Name:  IL1p3rt.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  78.4 KB

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...nk-you-listen/

Diana Ross Talks New Album, Shares Title Track ‘Thank You’: Stream It Now

Diana Ross kondigt eerste nieuwe album in 15 jaar aan [[msn.com)

Also in the dutch news!

Diana Ross kondigt eerste nieuwe album in vijftien jaar aan | Show | AD.nl

Diana Ross maakt een comeback. De 77-jarige legendarische zangeres brengt binnenkort haar eerste album in vijftien jaar uit en haar eerste met nieuwe muziek sinds 1999.De plaat krijgt de titel Thank You en is volledig ontstaan tijdens de lockdown. Verschillende popproducers waaronder Jack Antonoff, bekend van zijn samenwerkingen met Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey en Lorde, werkten er aan mee. Het album bevat in totaal dertien liedjes en moet in de herfst uitkomen. Donderdag verschijnt als voorloper de eerste single.Thank You is Ross' 25e album en de eerste sinds I Love You uit 2006, waarop covers van liefdesliedjes stonden. In 1999 verscheen haar laatste originele plaat Every Day Is a New Day.Als solomuzikant en als lid van The Supremes scoorde Ross gedurende haar carrière talloze hits. Wereldwijd verkocht ze meer dan 100 miljoen platen. In 1993 werd ze in het Guinness Book of Records opgenomen als meest succesvolle vrouwelijke muzikant ooit.

I love her voice but the song is not particularly remarkable

They just played the song on Dutch radio [[Sublime); it has been for such a long time I heard a DJ say "You just heard the new single by Diana Ross!" Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Goodness! So many trolls makes me feel like we're in Norway, right??
    Your discourtesy to other forum members with a differing opinion never ceases to amaze me. You thrive in stirring up trouble.
    Well shock horror and pass me the smelling salts, i also wish a more recent pic had been used.

the single is now available and the album is expected on September 10th. This is the tracklist.Name:  thank you.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  89.5 KB

Love the chorus! Hope she films a music video

Are some of those songs remakes? Count on Me, Come Together, I Still Believe, Tomorrow, Just In Case?

This song really grows on you the more you listen to it. It is a perfect summer and roadtrip song, IMO.

I love it! Everything I hoped for, and more.

Not a bad song but nothing to get excited about. Can't see it being a hit but at least is not some sort of rap crap.

I just heard it once, but I love it. I think it reflects where she is in her life, and it is quite a beautiful message. Many people will identify with the song. I think it could be a hit.

Lovely! How nice to hear new Diana Ross material; too long without hearing That Voice! I love the gospel undertone to the arrangement and vocal.

Finally after fifteen years of no new music the new single is grand Thank you beautiful

Apart from the age old photo this is encouraging. Diana sounds in good voice and the production nothing like on the “I Love You” set. I’m really looking forward to the album.

Great coverage today in the British National Dailies!

#19 on UK iTunes!

Ross co-wrote all of the 13 tracks, working with a variety of contemporary pop producers - including Jack Antonoff, who has become a key collaborator for female artists like Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, St Vincent and Lorde. All the songs are new

Downloaded and pre-ordered! I’m in heaven.

I wonder why the pink vinyl features two LPs for pre order

Ms Ross will be very pleased by the generally positive responses to this single. If you approve of this song you will very likely be pleased with the album of which this track is a fair reflection of the quality on display. I was played 15 tracks, but i see only 13 are on the final tracķ listing. Maybe we will get a deluxe version containing the pair of missing songs.

I love at the end where she says ‘say it like you mean it’, tying it all back to the solo beginning where she is singing those words at the end of Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Ms Ross will be very pleased by the generally positive responses to this single. If you approve of this song you will very likely be pleased with the album of which this track is a fair reflection of the quality on display. I was played 15 tracks, but i see only 13 are on the final tracķ listing. Maybe we will get a deluxe version containing the pair of missing songs.
    Good Sir do you remember this song . If the World Just Danced Sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I remember you saying in an earlier post her vocals were not good on the tracks you heard.

I am very excited now! Just pre-ordered the bundle and I´ll get the regular vinyl closer to release date. The exclusive vinyl looks beautiful!

https://store.universalmusic.com/dia...le/70RT0000000

I really hope there will also be a deluxe edition available somewhere [[Japan?) with the additional tracks Bluebrock mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    Are some of those songs remakes? Count on Me, Come Together, I Still Believe, Tomorrow, Just In Case?

From the Billboard article:

Recorded in Ross’ home studio, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer co-wrote and collaborated on every Thank You track, working alongside a host of leading songwriters and producers including Jack Antonoff, Troy Miller, Triangle Park, Spike Stent, Prince Charlez, Amy Wadge, Neff-U, Freddie Wexler, Jimmy Napes, Tayla Parx, Fred White, and Nathanial Ledgewick.