[REMOVE ADS]




Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 322
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6,241
    Rep Power
    119
    I like the new song. No, it's probably not going to catapult her to the top again. She might get a hit album out of this though. You can't rule that out. But at this point in the game, my desire for music from legacy artists such as Diana Ross is that artistically the music is good, that it doesn't pander or attempt to chase fads or compete with the newbies. IMO she delivers with this new single. It's really nice. I love the vibe. I'm proud of her.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    67
    The song is ok. To me it seems a bit unfinished. As if it could have done with some tighter production. I think I would have cut out a few jarring bits - it just doesn't seem 'whole' to me.

    I hope Blue is right [[he often is) and there are superior songs on the album.

    But if it's having some kind of positive effect as an appetiser for future singles and the album itself, that's great.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,522
    Rep Power
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Yeah, makes no sense to me. I'm a fan. I like to discuss it all when it comes to the music, the stuff I love and the stuff I hate. If that makes us trolls, then I sing, in a remixed version of the Floaters' "Float On", "Troll on, troll on, troll on...Troll, troll, troll on..."
    LOL. It seems not liking a particular Diana album or song is obsessing, while liking one is just passing comment.....Go figure.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10,298
    Rep Power
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Thank You has gone straight on to the "A"-playlist at Radio 2 the most listened to Station in the UK!
    Ken Bruce now playing this as Record of the Week.

    It's been quite a while since I liked a new Diana Ross single as much as I do this one.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20,594
    Rep Power
    349

  6. #206

    The song really grows on you. I'm now obsessed with it.

    It really blends all her eras in a very interesting way.

    I think it's a very nice lead single. It's a beautiful and timeless soul song. It has an uplifting and touching quality.

    For me, it's up there with Ain't No Mountain Hight, Reach Out and Touch and her Motown classics.

    Just listen to it five years from now and you'll feel this way.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    8
    Thank you has all the positives one could ask for the grove is get down some one will Remix it another number one dance song I absolutely love it having listened to thank you it’s much better than any of the other major Divas have put out recently where going to dance those Debbie downers toward happiness

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    69
    We have all heard Thank You. I think that is the ONLY song any of us have heard from the new album.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    320
    Rep Power
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Ken Bruce now playing this as Record of the Week.

    It's been quite a while since I liked a new Diana Ross single as much as I do this one.
    Yes, just listening to it now on BBC Radio2, sounds freash and current, I really like this track and have pre-ordered her new album. Hope all the tracks will be this strong.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,903
    Rep Power
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    We have all heard Thank You. I think that is the ONLY song any of us have heard from the new album.
    I heard some rough cuts from the album several months ago and i was disappointed by what i heard. I was sent some snippets of the so called finished tracks a week or two ago. These sounded much much better. I am not going to claim this will be a classic album, but it does sound like there will be a handful of feel good uptempo tunes to enjoy. You may be pleasantly surprised. And then again maybe not.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I heard some rough cuts from the album several months ago and i was disappointed by what i heard. I was sent some snippets of the so called finished tracks a week or two ago. These sounded much much better. I am not going to claim this will be a classic album, but it does sound like there will be a handful of feel good uptempo tunes to enjoy. You may be pleasantly surprised. And then again maybe not.
    Some people will love the entire album without question, some will have their knives out without even listening to it and most of us will fall somewhere in between.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Power
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    We have all heard Thank You. I think that is the ONLY song any of us have heard from the new album.
    Snippets from All Is Well & Come Together have been up on YouTube for a year. Probably not the final mixes though...

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,843
    Rep Power
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I heard some rough cuts from the album several months ago and i was disappointed by what i heard. I was sent some snippets of the so called finished tracks a week or two ago. These sounded much much better. I am not going to claim this will be a classic album, but it does sound like there will be a handful of feel good uptempo tunes to enjoy. You may be pleasantly surprised. And then again maybe not.
    I have a feeling that "Thank You" will come off real nice live. Possibly used in a commercial - endless opportunities. ALL depends if she wants to promote this new music. It is just so diff [[catchy) than the "typical ballads" she sings.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,131
    Rep Power
    133
    I agree det, I think it would work really well live!!!

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    8
    The Boss lady needs to make a few public appearances to boast this baby up

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,522
    Rep Power
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepdishus2001 View Post
    Some people will love the entire album without question, some will have their knives out without even listening to it and most of us will fall somewhere in between.
    There are those who would say it’s brilliant before it’s even been released lol. Hopefully there will be balanced opinion and not to many knives drawn at this point in her career.
    I really like the new single, but “Come Together” sounds awkward and rather cheesy to my ears. Perhaps the snippet we heard was unfinished.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    There are those who would say it’s brilliant before it’s even been released lol. Hopefully there will be balanced opinion and not to many knives drawn at this point in her career.
    I really like the new single, but “Come Together” sounds awkward and rather cheesy to my ears. Perhaps the snippet we heard was unfinished.
    No doubt. That happens with every major artist. Diana like most icons is polarizing. I was on a Donna Summer fan site and there were bitchy comments from the usual suspects just hating Diana without even commenting on the song along with very lovely balanced comments from sane individuals. Lol

    So far I prefer All is Well. Come Together sounds very very unfinished. I expect to hear a huge choir at the end of it. Lol

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10,298
    Rep Power
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Thank you has all the positives one could ask for the grove is get down some one will Remix it another number one dance song I absolutely love it having listened to thank you it’s much better than any of the other major Divas have put out recently where going to dance those Debbie downers toward happiness
    I'm having problems reading and understanding your posts. Most people here use punctuation to email standard. If you don't want to do this, it would help if you could at least start each new sentence on a new line, please.

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    39
    i really really really really want this to be her next big hit. I'm not joking, I AM DEAD SERIIOUS.


    We can relive the 60s, 70s and early 80s all over again music-wise.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    131
    In today's climate Thank You was never going to hit the UK top 100 and Streams would be minimal.

    But Diana has done well with Downloads only to hit #38 on this week's UK Top 100 Singles Sales Chart.

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20,594
    Rep Power
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    In today's climate Thank You was never going to hit the UK top 100 and Streams would be minimal.

    But Diana has done well with Downloads only to hit #38 on this week's UK Top 100 Singles Sales Chart.
    Florence: Explain why you think that. I tend to agree - basically, Diana is very old and young people would only know her as an old singer that had some hits a long time ago.

    But she is still on Sirius 60's 70's and the Soul Channel.

  22. #222
    I was taking to a lady I know who is 33, she had never heard of Diana Ross! To be honest once I had thought about she was only 11 when Diana had her last solo hit so I was not all that surprised. 'Thank You' was never going to be a hit, kids don't buy music by old ladies. She may have better luck with the album but I already know that I won't be buying it. The last new studio album of hers that I bought was 1980's 'Diana'. The last Diana single I bought was 'Paradise'. I have 37 '60's Supremes albums and 14 Diana ones so I think that I can call myself a fan without fear of contradiction. I also have a few as yet unreleased tracks. Diana's concerts will almost always sell out as that is usually the case with heritage artists.

  23. #223
    I disagree with those of you saying she is too old to appeal to the kids and therefore won’t sell records. We are plenty out there that still buy and download music, although we are middle aged.
    /40 and fabulous

  24. #224
    The kids have not heard of her and why should they. So there's nothing to appeal to. When I was a kid, teens & 20's you would never have got me listening to singers like Billie Holiday, Dinah Washington, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Alma Cogan and the like - squaresville man! Now I'm almost 70 and have added all of the above to my playlists. Maybe in another 40 years the millennials will be playing catch up like I did.
    Last edited by copley; 06-25-2021 at 03:57 PM.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,131
    Rep Power
    133
    I think Diana's new single is perfect in that it is retro — reminiscent of both 60s Motown and 70s/80s Disco — and at the same time, distinctly fresh and modern sounding. It’s also upbeat, catchy, perfect for the summer, and has great, meaningful lyrics.

    There’s no way it will be an actual hit amongst young people though, and I say this as one, LOL

  26. #226
    I agree Tom that it is catchy and would have been a hit 40 years ago in 1980. I may even have bought it. I know that the retro sound was intended but it lacks the retro but modern feel of Amy Winehouse or Bruno Mars.

  27. #227
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    12
    The album may do well on the charts in its opening weeks, and if really good, with word of mouth, may sustain due to various factors. But physical sales of albums, even downloads, are a fraction of what they used to be so it's easy for a legacy artist with a loyal fanbase and appeal to older audiences who want to buy a copy to chart well.

    A hot remix of Thank you or some other song on the album could mean the track could do well on the Dance Club play chart, a chart that is very friendly to aging/aged divas.

    But in terms of being a likely pop hit on various platforms that determine a pop hit I don't see Thank You pulling off a fluke like Believe did in 1998/99 and the music world has changed considerable in the last 22 years.

  28. #228
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    117
    Oh stop it... Diana Ross is 77-years-old. She doesn't need a hit. She needs the feel the blessing of a wonderful career that spans more than 6 decades [[!). After "I Love You" 15 years ago, which I found disappointing although I do love a couple of its songs, I did no longer expect we EVER would get a new single. Instead, last week my favorite radio station [[in the Netherlands) announced that they were playing "the new single of Diana Ross" -- words I hadn't heard since the 1980s -- and there is a wonderful song that captures everything Ross stands for, the sweet and the bitter, the joy and the pain, but mostly a song that reminds me why I love Ross in the first place. So "Thank You" to Miss Ross for taking the effort of making some new music that doesn't sound like Karaoke and that fits the artist that she is now. And who cares it will be a "hit" or not... after so many years she's definitely beyond that.

  29. #229
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    851
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    Oh stop it... Diana Ross is 77-years-old. She doesn't need a hit. She needs the feel the blessing of a wonderful career that spans more than 6 decades [[!). After "I Love You" 15 years ago, which I found disappointing although I do love a couple of its songs, I did no longer expect we EVER would get a new single. Instead, last week my favorite radio station [[in the Netherlands) announced that they were playing "the new single of Diana Ross" -- words I hadn't heard since the 1980s -- and there is a wonderful song that captures everything Ross stands for, the sweet and the bitter, the joy and the pain, but mostly a song that reminds me why I love Ross in the first place. So "Thank You" to Miss Ross for taking the effort of making some new music that doesn't sound like Karaoke and that fits the artist that she is now. And who cares it will be a "hit" or not... after so many years she's definitely beyond that.
    Amen, Jaap! I've always liked your posts and thoughts. especially this one.

  30. #230
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,459
    Rep Power
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    Oh stop it... Diana Ross is 77-years-old. She doesn't need a hit. She needs the feel the blessing of a wonderful career that spans more than 6 decades [[!). After "I Love You" 15 years ago, which I found disappointing although I do love a couple of its songs, I did no longer expect we EVER would get a new single. Instead, last week my favorite radio station [[in the Netherlands) announced that they were playing "the new single of Diana Ross" -- words I hadn't heard since the 1980s -- and there is a wonderful song that captures everything Ross stands for, the sweet and the bitter, the joy and the pain, but mostly a song that reminds me why I love Ross in the first place. So "Thank You" to Miss Ross for taking the effort of making some new music that doesn't sound like Karaoke and that fits the artist that she is now. And who cares it will be a "hit" or not... after so many years she's definitely beyond that.

    ...nice!! I hear you

    [ but also , I think she has every right and its fittingly proper for her to shoot for a hit ]

  31. #231
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    29
    I hope and believe that all of us, young or old, experienced, to some extent over the last 16 months, the need to express gratitude. We wanted to say "thank you" too soon to some who left us prematurely. We wanted to say "thank you" to the first responders who treated our friends and relatives in their final days. We wanted to say "thank you" to those essential workers in grocery stores and elsewhere who risked their health on a daily basis to keep the nation functioning. And more recently, we wanted to say "thank you" to those who gave us our shots.

    This new song may have even more relevance and resonance for people of all ages than, for instance, Missing You had back when. It may lead people to resolve and restructure their lives to feel less awkward expressing appreciation.

  32. #232
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20,594
    Rep Power
    349
    I see a Facebook post saying it is #37 on the Digital Download chart in Rngland and #38 on the singles sales chart.

    Maybe it’s a hit! Especially for an old lady.

  33. #233
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,915
    Rep Power
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by jaap View Post
    oh stop it... Diana ross is 77-years-old. She doesn't need a hit. She needs the feel the blessing of a wonderful career that spans more than 6 decades [[!). After "i love you" 15 years ago, which i found disappointing although i do love a couple of its songs, i did no longer expect we ever would get a new single. Instead, last week my favorite radio station [[in the netherlands) announced that they were playing "the new single of diana ross" -- words i hadn't heard since the 1980s -- and there is a wonderful song that captures everything ross stands for, the sweet and the bitter, the joy and the pain, but mostly a song that reminds me why i love ross in the first place. So "thank you" to miss ross for taking the effort of making some new music that doesn't sound like karaoke and that fits the artist that she is now. And who cares it will be a "hit" or not... After so many years she's definitely beyond that.
    exactly this!!!!

  34. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I see a Facebook post saying it is #37 on the Digital Download chart in Rngland and #38 on the singles sales chart.

    Maybe it’s a hit! Especially for an old lady.
    The chart that matters most is the UK Top 100 Singles Chart and it missed out. Not a surprise as no heritage artist has a look in these days. The album charts are a completely different story with many '60's & '70's artists having great success.

  35. #235
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,708
    Rep Power
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I see a Facebook post saying it is #37 on the Digital Download chart in Rngland and #38 on the singles sales chart.

    Maybe it’s a hit! Especially for an old lady.
    ...but, JRob. Why use the phrase 'old lady'? Was it necessary? I don't think.

  36. #236
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,708
    Rep Power
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by benross View Post
    I hope and believe that all of us, young or old, experienced, to some extent over the last 16 months, the need to express gratitude. We wanted to say "thank you" too soon to some who left us prematurely. We wanted to say "thank you" to the first responders who treated our friends and relatives in their final days. We wanted to say "thank you" to those essential workers in grocery stores and elsewhere who risked their health on a daily basis to keep the nation functioning. And more recently, we wanted to say "thank you" to those who gave us our shots.

    This new song may have even more relevance and resonance for people of all ages than, for instance, Missing You had back when. It may lead people to resolve and restructure their lives to feel less awkward expressing appreciation.
    YOU, BenRoss, have won the evening. You have expressed the situation perfectly. TY is a wonderful moment of music; if others don't get it, that's their problem.

  37. #237
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20,594
    Rep Power
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    ...but, JRob. Why use the phrase 'old lady'? Was it necessary? I don't think.
    Lol only because she is like you and I are old men.

  38. #238
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,131
    Rep Power
    133
    Oh yeah, Diana doesn’t need a hit, screw that. Of course, it would be nice, but the song speaks to the greatness and longevity of her career and life, regardless!!!!

  39. #239
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    8
    Diana Ross doesn’t need a hit album , the fans asked for a new album that’s it ,why make a fuss about all kinds of Horse poo that doesn’t make any sense , as if you couldn’t have anything any better and I think you might be surprised how good this album I’ll do The song It’s better than any Beyoncé or under Ariana Grande’s song that I have heard at least there’s no pole dancing involved it’s a great wonderful truck so enjoy it

  40. #240
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    362
    Rep Power
    26
    Well said, Mr. Jaap. I like the song and I am very appreciative of Ms.Ross' new and uplifting music. I see this song being #1 on the dance charts. So far, I prefer the long remixes of this song. There is a summery bounce to the song that sticks within one's memory from hearing it.

  41. #241
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    The chart that matters most is the UK Top 100 Singles Chart and it missed out. Not a surprise as no heritage artist has a look in these days.
    It's funny to look at the UK charts and see 'heritage' artists like BoneyM [[#18) featured though. And a new entry [[well, re-entry) at #84 is Baccara's "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie" originally released in 1977.

    Diana's best chance of a return to the higher ranks of the UK charts is for one of her old up-tempo songs to be featured in a TV commercial or TV series.

  42. #242
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,715
    Rep Power
    173
    Honestly a hit would have been nice for Diana but I am more focused towards the fact that I got a new Diana Ross song that I thought I would never get again. I am anticipating the release of the new CD, LP and download in September. Every fan and listener has the right to like or dislike it for whatever reason they choose. I hear a lot of folks on here talk about the young crowd and what they like and don't like but to be honest with you I don't know too many young kids that even download or purchase music. I must be hanging out with the wrong ones because I usually get hit up with those that ask me to download it and send it to them [[of course I say isn't that illegal ?). Anyway, I don't know how many opportunities I will have to see Diana in concert again but I hope she adds it to her song list.

    "And when I feel the pain, you are my healing".... I can relate to that line about a lot of things, even to some of you on here. The last year and a half l can feel thankful that we are almost back to normal and hopefully a lot smarter.

  43. #243
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Florence: Explain why you think that. I tend to agree - basically, Diana is very old and young people would only know her as an old singer that had some hits a long time ago.

    But she is still on Sirius 60's 70's and the Soul Channel.
    As you say and surprising as it may seem many younger people in England don't know her while even just 20 years ago ask anyone to name a world renowned female singer and her name would have tripped off the tongue.

    The fact is that the charts are dictated by Streaming nowadays and generally older people aren't really into that.

    It's a sad fact of life that most of the Heritage artists don't stand a chance of making the national charts - even Madonna - unless they do a duet with somene like Billie Eilish or Justin Bieber!

    iTunes is largely irrelevant when comes to having an influence on the chart, sales are so low.

    For example the UK's current #1 Olivia Rodrigo's Good 4 U had total "sales" this week of 73,421 - this was made up of 71,684 Streaming Eqivalent sales and Physical sales 1,737 [[yes less than 2k!)

    The great thing about Thank You though is that it has generally been very well received and has had great exposure throughout the media even making the national newspapers.

    The fact that it is receiving a large number of plays on our most listened to Radio Station Radio 2 is making the public realise she's still here and will certainly help sales of the album although it must be said that generally Diana was a singles rather than albums artist in the UK.

    There'll have to be another couple of tracks released as "singles" leading up to the release of the album and certainly one co-inciding with it but certainly the album has the capacity to do well.

    As others have said Diana has a wonderful heritage and has nothing to prove but it's just wonderful to see her receive the current respect and appreciation which she richly deserves and a delight to hear good new music from her.

  44. #244
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,522
    Rep Power
    133
    The media attention has been something of a revelation, but it’s unrealistic to think the single would be storming up the charts circa 1980.
    I think the album will do very well and hopefully introduce her to a legion of new, slightly younger fans. The legend continues.

  45. #245
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,131
    Rep Power
    133
    A recent remix of Boney M's "Rasputin" did pretty well here in the UK. Old song, old act, new hit!!!!




  46. #246
    I am just happy that it is all new music and it’s all her. It doesn’t appear to be weighted down with featured artists and duets in order to obtain a hit. I dreaded that it would be an all covers/duets album which has become the standard for mature artists, even Streisand. Diana has always said that she wanted to record new music, remembering those interviews where she couldn’t get a deal. I am sure that’s what Clive Davis wanted to do with her and probably why she didn’t sign. I loved Shirley Bassey’s 2009 album, The Performance, for the same reason. All new music, all her, no duets or features. In both cases, the contemporary was featured in the songwriters and producers.

    As for I Love You, the only tracks I found distasteful where Take My Breath Away and Crazy Little Thing Called Love. Without a doubt, the production could have been better but Aretha’s last album, Sings the Divas, also sounded like karaoke. What About Love and the title track were the standouts for me. Also like I Want You, Lovely Day, Always and Forever and You Are So Beautiful.

    I know it’s a two album deal so it will be very interesting to see what the follow up record will be. I would not be surprised if it’s a covers and/or duet album. I would prefer it to be a jazz or standards album.

    Also just want to state, that I am beyond thankful that we are getting this record.
    Last edited by Deepdishus2001; 06-27-2021 at 07:56 AM.

  47. #247
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,522
    Rep Power
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepdishus2001 View Post
    I am just happy that it is all new music and it’s all her. It doesn’t appear to be weighted down with featured artists and duets in order to obtain a hit. I dreaded that it would be an all covers/duets album which has become the standard for mature artists, even Streisand. Diana has always said that she wanted to record new music, remembering those interviews where she couldn’t get a deal. I am sure that’s what Clive Davis wanted to do with her and probably why she didn’t sign. I loved Shirley Bassey’s 2009 album, The Performance, for the same reason. All new music, all her, no duets or features. In both cases, the contemporary was featured in the songwriters and producers.

    As for I Love You, the only tracks I found distasteful where Take My Breath Away and Crazy Little Thing Called Love. Without a doubt, the production could have been better but Aretha’s last album, Sings the Divas, also sounded like karaoke. What About Love and the title track were the standouts for me. Also like I Want You, Lovely Day, Always and Forever and You Are So Beautiful.

    I know it’s a two album deal so it will be very interesting to see what the follow up record will be. I would not be surprised if it’s a covers and/or duet album. I would prefer it to be a jazz or standards album.

    Also just want to state, that I am beyond thankful that we are getting this record.
    I’m guessing she’s recorded enough material to fill another album. Much the same way she did with Silk Electric.
    I also love ‘The Performance’ album from SB that featured contemporary song writers. Here’s hoping Diana’s is half as good.
    I would be happy if she recorded one last love duet with Ritchie. As “Endless Love” is her biggest selling single it would seem fitting somehow

  48. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I’m guessing she’s recorded enough material to fill another album. Much the same way she did with Silk Electric.
    I also love ‘The Performance’ album from SB that featured contemporary song writers. Here’s hoping Diana’s is half as good.
    I would be happy if she recorded one last love duet with Ritchie. As “Endless Love” is her biggest selling single it would seem fitting somehow
    I am not opposed to another duet, just don’t want a record full of them. I agree with the age appropriate Lionel but actually would love one with either Smokey or Stevie or 3 duets. Lol As long as it’s not with Bruno Mars or The Weeknd but I would gladly have either one of those guys co-write and produce them.

  49. #249
    The reason that Baccara's "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie" has re-charted is due to it being adopted by Scottish footfall fans!

  50. #250
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    362
    Rep Power
    26
    This song has a "commercial" appeal. The song should be used in the realm of advertising a popular name brand.

    The long remixes of the song add more
    listening pleasure.

    I wish the fans would have loved the "I Love You" album more because 15 years is a long wait for a new album from Diana Ross.Vocally, Diana Ross is superb on the "I Love You" album. Case in point, "Always and Forever". "I just want to say" that I am thankful for the upcoming album by Diana Ross.

    Imagine a future album of the songs of Dinah Washington. From the "Blue" album,
    "What a Difference a Day Makes" by Diana Ross is always on my playlist. Oh my...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.