[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Diana Ross announces new single Thank You dropping June 17

Sounds a little like YOU'RE ALL I NEED TO GET BY.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Sounds a little like YOU'RE ALL I NEED TO GET BY.
    I thought the same, Reese

Woo hoo! Can't wait!

Yes that definitely sounds like a “ you’re all I need“ sample. I’m interested. Can’t wait to hear the whole song.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post

WOW. Her voice sounds sooooo good. So fresh. She sounds alive. And the song is very Motown.

I absolutely love this song it does sound like your all I need to get by

Alive? She sounds computer generated. I've no problem with pitch correction, it's standard, but it's misguided to add the metallic "tuned" sound to the voices of heritage acts. Oh, well. Maybe there will a good live TV performance with a real band to make up for it. I presume Diana can record something on a US soundstage that can be inserted into UK TV broadcasts.

That short clip was very nice indeed. Looking forward to hearing the song.

Fondly,

Roberta

I think she sounds good, not computer generated at all. I like the lower key and no signs of strain. Sounds like there’s room vocally to build up to the bridge and ending. Also like the nice mid-tempo. Not a straight up ballad.
    Last edited by Deepdishus2001; 06-13-2021 at 11:04 PM.

No where near computer generated lol

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    Alive? She sounds computer generated. I've no problem with pitch correction, it's standard, but it's misguided to add the metallic "tuned" sound to the voices of heritage acts. Oh, well. Maybe there will a good live TV performance with a real band to make up for it. I presume Diana can record something on a US soundstage that can be inserted into UK TV broadcasts.
    I hear no “metallic/tuned” sound - maybe it’s your speakers?

Wow! Sounds both modern and retro at the same time, very Motownish. I love that her voice still sounds like it always has, although she is 77 yrs.

Wonderful!

Getting excited now. Although brief, her voice sounds in good shape. I kept expecting to hear “Your all I need to get by ah ha” in the background.

I don’t hear any of the above. I like what I heard and am hoping for an overall A+ production. The theme lends itself to being a much needed new closing number in her live act.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    The theme lends itself to being a much needed new closing number in her live act.
    You'll be lucky.

I will go one step further…..

She could interweave “Thank You” and “Someday We’ll Be Together” as a new live closing number. [[Anything to replace the current I Will Survive.)
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 06-14-2021 at 06:45 AM.

I'm here for it! She sounds robust, and the production values are strong. Get 'em, Miss Ross!

This could do it ! Right direction !

Interesting that she chose to release the record on June 17th, which just happens to be the day that Where Did Our Love Go was released. Do you think this, too, will be the first of five consecutive number one records?

Quote Originally Posted by benross View Post
    Interesting that she chose to release the record on June 17th, which just happens to be the day that Where Did Our Love Go was released. Do you think this, too, will be the first of five consecutive number one records?
    Yes! Why not?

Does anyone know who produced this? Could it be one of the Mark Ronson collabos that have been talked about?

So exciting. She sounds good.

Another little taste of Thank you. https://twitter.com/DianaRoss/status...96267992997888

Sounds great!

On Facebook today. Melba Moore posted an announcement for Diana Ross’ new single.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Does anyone know who produced this? Could it be one of the Mark Ronson collabos that have been talked about?
    I found it interesting that news of this single was posted on the Facebook Group called "The CHIC Organization Ltd [[Nile Rodgers & Bernard Edwards) Facebook Fanpage".

I'm wondering if Nile Rodgers is involved? Fingers crossed!

Like what I am hearing but you just can't judge a song on an 11/12 sec clip.

Excited to hear the full version.

On Twitter there is a post from Bucks Music Group saying that this song was co-written and produced by Troy Miller.

I looked that up and discovered a line that says he is producing Diana Ross. [[It’s the very last sentence.) He is a successful producer and was nominated for a Grammy last year for his work with Gregory Porter.

https://www.bucksmusicgroup.com/artists/11-troy-miller

Twitter: @ Troy__Miller
    @bucksmusicgroup

This is not verified info. Just stuff I’ve read on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    On Twitter there is a post from Bucks Music Group saying that this song was co-written and produced by Troy Miller.

I looked that up and discovered a line that says he is producing Diana Ross. [[It’s the very last sentence.) He is a successful producer and was nominated for a Grammy last year for his work with Gregory Porter.

https://www.bucksmusicgroup.com/artists/11-troy-miller

Twitter: @ Troy__Miller
    @bucksmusicgroup

This is not verified info. Just stuff I’ve read on the internet.
    Had me sold at ‘part of Amy Winehouse’s band for 5 years’. Also said he’s toured/performed with Donna Summer, Chaka Khan and Mark Ronson. Rebecca Ferguson, Emeli Sande and Laura Mvula are very talented ladies. That track with Calvin Harris, Giant, is fantastic. Further digging says he’s also worked with Adele.

Just checked out his Twitter. He produced Unstoppable, a great track on Kylie Minogue’s Disco album. In a tweet from her, she called it her Diana Ross moment and stated that he was now working with Diana. The tweet was from November 2020.

Very encouraged that there seems to be some thought put in to all of this.
    Last edited by Deepdishus2001; 06-15-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Sounds promising. All ten fingers and toes are crossed it will be a smash!
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 06-15-2021 at 12:54 PM.

Another piece of the puzzle.

Amy Wadge Page posted on Facebook:

One of the greatest honours of my career was when the absolute iconic legend that is @dianaross called me to ask if I would help her write what she wanted to say. The first song that came from that is out on the 17th of June ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️#thankyou

Troy Miller played all the instruments on the song. He also co wrote it.

She just posted more

Love the the groove/beat in this latest clip. So exciting. Anyone know exactly what she is saying? Thank you for??

These cips sound like a lot of short clips I hear on some music sites. The are heavy on the treble making them sound a bit tinny and undernourished. But, that usually has no bearing on what the actual track sounds like when you get it. Her voice is used well so I'm looking forward to hearing the full track. Already those less than 20 seconds sound better than anything on I Love You, so that makes me happy.

Oh happy days two more days how is it being released any one know

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Love the the groove/beat in this latest clip. So exciting. Anyone know exactly what she is saying? Thank you for??
    Thank you for love

Love the latest clip too!! It sounds so fresh and modern!! Ahhhh! Can't wait!!

Thanks Carlo. I can’t wait to hear the complete song. These clips sound great. The latest is a complete surprise. This is not what I was expecting at all. I can’t wait to hear the whole thing.

Thanks everyone for this great news.
    Very excited about her new music.
    Sounds fresh and uplifting.
    I like albums with many cuts from different producers.

What label is releasing Diana's music?

I'm almost sure [[just speculating here) that she will be on one of Universal Music's subsidiary labels. I found the following link for a Diana Ross online store via Universal, which is currently asking for an admin password and set as a private page. Perhaps it will be activated in the coming days??? Very exciting Fingers crossed for an album announcement on Thursday as well!

https://store.universalmusic.com/dianaross

This has been one of the biggest honors for me to produce an album for @dianaross 🤍 When she called me in LA she said she needed someone who could do ‘everything’ I told her I was a ‘jack of all trades’ 😊
    Diana you are such a joy to work with!
    We’ve spent the last 18 months making an album!...this is the first single #thankyou I played all the instruments and a small part in the writing. Coming out 17th June! 🤍🤍🤍🤍

#dianaross #thankyou #troymiller

Troy Miller has been revealed as producer for a multitude of upcoming studio releases from Motown legend Diana Ross. Multiple studio releases oh my goodness unbelievable

Kylie Minogue
    @kylieminogue
    · Nov 11, 2020
    Unstoppable is my Diana Ross moment! [[In my dreams!!) Produced by @Troy__Miller who is actually working with the great lady herself! #DISCO #TimsTwitterListeningParty

The three snippets do sound promising, not the karaoke sound of so many of the I Love You songs, but indeed nice retro sound, with uptempo chorus, and the trademark Ross spoken word line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    The three snippets do sound promising, not the karaoke sound of so many of the I Love You songs, but indeed nice retro sound, with uptempo chorus, and the trademark Ross spoken word line.
    The new LP is on the Universal 'heritage' label Decca and is as follows

“Thank You” Track Listing
    1. Thank You
    2. If the World Just Danced
    3. All Is Well
    4. In Your Heart
    5. Just In Case
    6. The Answers Always Love
    7. Let’s Do It
    8. I Still Believe
    9. Count On Me
    10. Tomorrow
    11. Beautiful Love
    12. Time To Call
    13. Come Together

Diana Ross sings “Thank You” to the world. “This collection of songs is my gift to you with appreciation and love. I am eternally grateful that I had the opportunity to record this glorious music at this time,” said Ms. Ross. Her new album, “Thank You” is scheduled for release this fall through Decca Records / Universal Music Group. The title track and first single,” Thank You,” will be available for streaming and download on June 17.

Recorded in her home studio, “Thank You" offers a powerful, inclusive musical message of love and togetherness. With its songs of happiness, appreciation, and joy, it wholeheartedly acknowledges that we are in this all together. Her family, friends and loyal and loving audiences all around the globe have been an integral part of her wonderful life’s story. In this special moment, it is time to step into the light.

Ms. Ross co-wrote and collaborated on the 13 songs along with award-winning songwriters and producers including: Jack Antonoff, Troy Miller, Triangle Park, Spike Stent, Prince Charlez, Amy Wadge, Neff-U, Freddie Wexler, Jimmy Napes, Tayla Parx, Fred White, and Nathanial Ledgewick

Let us come together in harmony and gratitude with Diana Ross now and for the future. “I dedicate this songbook of love to all of you, the listeners. As you hear my voice you hear my heart. "Let Love Lead the Way”
    Name:  ross.jpg
Views: 1582
Size:  14.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    The new LP is on the Universal 'heritage' label Decca and is as follows

“Thank You” Track Listing
    1. Thank You
    2. If the World Just Danced
    3. All Is Well
    4. In Your Heart
    5. Just In Case
    6. The Answers Always Love
    7. Let’s Do It
    8. I Still Believe
    9. Count On Me
    10. Tomorrow
    11. Beautiful Love
    12. Time To Call
    13. Come Together

Diana Ross sings “Thank You” to the world. “This collection of songs is my gift to you with appreciation and love. I am eternally grateful that I had the opportunity to record this glorious music at this time,” said Ms. Ross. Her new album, “Thank You” is scheduled for release this fall through Decca Records / Universal Music Group. The title track and first single,” Thank You,” will be available for streaming and download on June 17.

Recorded in her home studio, “Thank You" offers a powerful, inclusive musical message of love and togetherness. With its songs of happiness, appreciation, and joy, it wholeheartedly acknowledges that we are in this all together. Her family, friends and loyal and loving audiences all around the globe have been an integral part of her wonderful life’s story. In this special moment, it is time to step into the light.

Ms. Ross co-wrote and collaborated on the 13 songs along with award-winning songwriters and producers including: Jack Antonoff, Troy Miller, Triangle Park, Spike Stent, Prince Charlez, Amy Wadge, Neff-U, Freddie Wexler, Jimmy Napes, Tayla Parx, Fred White, and Nathanial Ledgewick

Let us come together in harmony and gratitude with Diana Ross now and for the future. “I dedicate this songbook of love to all of you, the listeners. As you hear my voice you hear my heart. "Let Love Lead the Way”
    Name:  ross.jpg
Views: 1582
Size:  14.2 KB
    Thank you so much Paul for the information. Jack Antonoff is probably the biggest producer in the world right now with the work he has done for Taylor Swift, Lana DelRay, Pink, etc. Spike Stent is also huge and a legend. Triangle Park have worked with H.E.R. Jimmy Napes has worked extensively with Sam Smith on all his biggest hits and with Taylor Swift, Alicia Keys, Mary J. Blige, Jessie Ware, Disclosure. I really can’t wait for this album to come out now.
    Last edited by Deepdishus2001; 06-16-2021 at 05:47 AM.

I am hopeful that Miss Ross has much success with this new release. It sounds very good.