[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Diana Extended

Diana Extended

This appears to be the only US Diana album, besides her box set, not available for download and/or streaming from Apple or any of the other services. Would anyone happen to know why?

Still hoping for another remix collection that will finally include a remix of Theme from Mahogany.

Don’t know the answer to your question. I do know that it is one of my favorite 90’s albums from Diana, and just overall one of my favorite Diana Ross albums. Most of those deep house remixes are incredible. I also loved the album title and thought the album logo was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Don’t know the answer to your question. I do know that it is one of my favorite 90’s albums from Diana, and just overall one of my favorite Diana Ross albums. Most of those deep house remixes are incredible. I also loved the album title and thought the album logo was cool.
    I loved it too. The time stretching of the vocals were perfect. No Minnie Mouse effect. Lol The only thing I would have done is leave off the mix of You’re Gonna Love It and replace it with another remix of a Motown track or maybe a new remix of Swept Away.

I don’t know if Diana owns the masters worldwide for the RCA years but I was always hoping for a remix collection for that period. Would have loved remixes for That’s How You Start Over, Shine, Who, Telephone, Mirror Mirror, Dirty Looks in addition to the ones that were original hits in the clubs.
    Last edited by Deepdishus2001; 06-13-2021 at 06:35 PM.

I remember hearing the remix of " someday" in a club at the time of it's release..the dancefloor loved it

Yes, the Frankie Knuckles mix of Someday is wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Deepdishus2001 View Post
    I loved it too. The time stretching of the vocals were perfect. No Minnie Mouse effect. Lol The only thing I would have done is leave off the mix of You’re Gonna Love It and replace it with another remix of a Motown track or maybe a new remix of Swept Away.

I don’t know if Diana owns the masters worldwide for the RCA years but I was always hoping for a remix collection for that period. Would have loved remixes for That’s How You Start Over, Shine, Who, Telephone, Mirror Mirror, Dirty Looks in addition to the ones that were original hits in the clubs.
    Agree. Plenty of her rca material is ripe for remixing. ross 83 is one in particular i would love to be seen given the remix treatment. Would make for a cool album.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Agree. Plenty of her rca material is ripe for remixing. ross 83 is one in particular i would love to be seen given the remix treatment. Would make for a cool album.
    Ross 83 is probably my second favorite after Swept Away. I don’t hate any of the RCA albums but do recognize they are not up to the same quality of the first and second Motown solo eras. Eaten Alive was my least favorite but have been listening to it more and realize what strong tracks Crime of Passion, Love on the Line and Oh Teacher are in addition to Chain Reaction.