[REMOVE ADS]

Was Looking For US Magazine When I Stumbled Across This Nugget From The Past

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...25-US-Magazine

it’s only 10 years ago but it seems like a lifetime ago, you might find it interesting. If anyone has the article and or the photographs it would be wonderful if you would share that with us please. I had the magazine at the time, but I can’t find it now.

Hardly a nugget. Some sleeping dogs are better left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Hardly a nugget. Some sleeping dogs are better left alone.
    Agreed. The post from SD link from ten years ago is hardly a nugget. I just made the mistake of reading it in its entirety and it just brings back the sad memories of how we members disrespected each other and why Ralph decided to give us the "kiddie forum".

Thankfully, we seem to have grown up for the past many months and don't need these unpleasant reminders of what we were.

And just a suggestion to Ralph. As long as the Diana Ross & Supremes [DRATS] forum is remaining, maybe a better name for it would be THE SUPREMES - And Its Members
    Last edited by milven; 06-13-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    And just a suggestion to Ralph. As long as the Diana Ross & Supremes [DRATS] forum is remaining, maybe a better name for it would be THE SUPREMES - And Its Members
    I second this suggestion.....
    Darin

Nice suggestion!

The reason I posted this was because I was shocked at how much vitriol there was in this forum, and I’ve been involved in the thick of it for years in years in years and even I am shocked. I don’t think it’s bad to look back at where I have been and see if I have grown or changed or not.

I can’t imagine why anybody would want to go to the trouble to change the title of this forum. What purpose when it serve? Would more people recognize this group better with a new name? Without the name of by far its most famous popular iconic member? I just can’t see the reason for this, unless it’s like Paul McCartney wanting to change Lennon and McCartney to McCartney Lennon. Whatever that was about. I just think of all the things in the world that I would like to see addressed and changed, like the horrible racist restrictive voting laws being passed in states all over the country. Are you aware it is now illegal to supply anyone waiting in line to vote in Georgia anything to eat or drink? I can see devoting time to that, but the verbiage of the title of this forum? Please somebody explain to me why maybe I will understand and champion the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    The reason I posted this was because I was shocked at how much vitriol there was in this forum, and I’ve been involved in the thick of it for years in years in years and even I am shocked. I don’t think it’s bad to look back at where I have been and see if I have grown or changed or not.

I can’t imagine why anybody would want to go to the trouble to change the title of this forum. What purpose when it serve? Would more people recognize this group better with a new name? Without the name of by far its most famous popular iconic member? I just can’t see the reason for this, unless it’s like Paul McCartney wanting to change Lennon and McCartney to McCartney Lennon. Whatever that was about. I just think of all the things in the world that I would like to see addressed and changed, like the horrible racist restrictive voting laws being passed in states all over the country. Are you aware it is now illegal to supply anyone waiting in line to vote in Georgia anything to eat or drink? I can see devoting time to that, but the verbiage of the title of this forum? Please somebody explain to me why maybe I will understand and champion the cause.
    Those exchanges in that archive thread was pretty tame compared to some others I remember used to go down on the forum..I got tired of it all and stayed away for some years ..it used to be endless bickering...life is short..I don't believe the forum name needs to be changed ..

Things are totally fine; leave the name and all the rest of it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Things are totally fine; leave the name and all the rest of it alone.
    I had forgotten how nasty and hateful the forum threads had become. I couldn’t get through much of that and I certainly do not miss it. Eeech…

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    If anyone has the article and or the photographs it would be wonderful if you would share that with us please. I had the magazine at the time, but I can’t find it now.
    MotownManiac, I dug out my copy of the magazine and snapped a couple of photos for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    MotownManiac, I dug out my copy of the magazine and snapped a couple of photos for you.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    thank you so much! I just may change my screen name to Prima Donna Petulance ‘cos it’s rare a new Ross moniker reveals itself to me after all these years.

It really was sad how much time and bandwidth were wasted on this forum bickering and arguing and how certain individuals just couldn’t help themselves. It seems so trite, especially so after Mary’s passing. So much interwebs devoted to silliness instead of admiring the music and the people who made it.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    It really was sad how much time and bandwidth were wasted on this forum bickering and arguing and how certain individuals just couldn’t help themselves. It seems so trite, especially so after Mary’s passing. So much interwebs devoted to silliness instead of admiring the music and the people who made it.
    Things are so much calmer and respectful on here these days. Let's hope it stays that way. Those were the bad old days and that was merely one example of how toxic it regularly became on here, but that is the past and this is the present.
    Onwards and upwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Things are so much calmer and respectful on here these days. Let's hope it stays that way.
    Onwards and upwards!
    I wholeheartedly agree. Different opinions no longer result in an all-out flame war. It’s nice to read through the threads and learn something new everyday.