[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha 4-CD set from Dusty Groove

Don't know if this has been discussed before? If so...apologies.

Aretha Franklin
    ARETHA [[4CD set)

CD [[Item 987951) Atlantic, Late 50s/1960s/1970s/1980s/1990s/2000s/Early 2010s — Condition: New Copy

On July 30, 2021
    CD

A collection of rare material and alternate tracks! © 1996-2021, Dusty Groove, Inc.

No worries, Lakeside. Yes we had indeed discussed this box set previously, as it was due to be released a year ago and then got postponed, since the Aretha biopic movie also got postponed. Here is a link to that thread...

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...a+David+nathan

I still have my copy of the box set on pre-order and I've been contemplating for almost a year as to whether I should proceed with the order or cancel it. As much as I love Aretha and have all of her music, I am starting to get serious box set fatigue, if you can believe it. I think I'll just stick with it. It should be a lovely set.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    No worries, Lakeside. Yes we had indeed discussed this box set previously, as it was due to be released a year ago and then got postponed, since the Aretha biopic movie also got postponed. Here is a link to that thread...

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...a+David+nathan

I still have my copy of the box set on pre-order and I've been contemplating for almost a year as to whether I should proceed with the order or cancel it. As much as I love Aretha and have all of her music, I am starting to get serious box set fatigue, if you can believe it. I think I'll just stick with it. It should be a lovely set.
    Thanks Carlo. I'm usually the last one out of the gate...sorry to be redundant. I can't
    keep up with all the threads. It does sound like an interesting set. Hope you enjoy it.

No worries, Lakeside. I'm glad you brought this box set back into the forefront of our minds, since it was announced and delayed for a year.

Thanks! When I had placed my order last year, the pre-order price for this 4 disc set was $50 CAD, which is around $40 USD. A pretty great deal. I'm hoping there will be additional Aretha reissues in the future. We are still waiting for that handful of albums she did in the 70's to be issued onto CD. Some of those tracks are finally making their CD debut on this box set.

I'll pass on this set [[due only to repetition of material) but it looks like a great set for those who do not own other Aretha collections.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I'll pass on this set [[due only to repetition of material) but it looks like a great set for those who do not own other Aretha collections.
    Peace, I was initially in the same boat as you, since I already own all of her albums and compilations. What changed my mind was the fact that this box set contains 20 previously unreleased tracks [[lots are demos and live versions), plus another 6 tracks from her mid-70's albums, making their debut on CD for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Peace, I was initially in the same boat as you, since I already own all of her albums and compilations. What changed my mind was the fact that this box set contains 20 previously unreleased tracks [[lots are demos and live versions), plus another 6 tracks from her mid-70's albums, making their debut on CD for the first time.
    Thanks for that, Carlo. I knew there were 'a few' 'new' tracks but not that many. 20 just may make it worthwhile!