[REMOVE ADS]

GLADYS KNIGHT & Mickey Guyton ft. BRELAND Perform "FRIENDSHIP TRAIN" 2021 CMT Music

Gladys, who recently turned 77, looks stunning and is still singing at her best.

Thanks for sharing. I was just watching this performance earlier this evening on YouTube. She looks amazing, as always. However, it sounded like her microphone volume was too low? That sort of put a damper on it for me. She did sound amazing earlier this year during the Verzuz show.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I was just watching this performance earlier this evening on YouTube. She looks amazing, as always. However, it sounded like her microphone volume was too low? That sort of put a damper on it for me. She did sound amazing earlier this year during the Verzuz show.
    When I watched it last night, I thought Gladys' mike was turned down a tad. Plus nowadays she usually sings FRIENDSHIP TRAIN in a medley with PARTY TRAIN, so there were a few points where she sort of forgot her place in the song. Still, the woman looked gorgeous and there's no disputing how great she sounds. I would have loved to hear what she and Mickey would have done with the latter's song, BLACK LIKE ME.

Imagine, here we are 52 years later and Gladys doing one of her best hits, Friendship Train. Love that song!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Yes, it was too low, almost in the background mode. And her voice is still powerful and she does not need it camouflaged by muffling it.

Speaking of background, she is doing background on her husband's new country music video. Who even knew that he was a singer? Or is he? Maybe just a hobby. I think that is her sitting next to him in the video.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/12/glady...-country-song/

Thanks for sharing, Milven. Can't say he's much of a singer...sounded like there was a bit of autotune in there too [[not the heavy kind like Cher uses for her dance songs...but the technical autotune used to correct singing pitch). However, I was determined not to like the song and it was kinda catchy. Cute video too.

Nice to get a glimpse of Gladys’ lifestyle .

I’m still trying to wrap my head around this though! Wannabe hillbillies . What next.
    Song comes off a bit disingenuous , l doubt mr Gladys Knight has broken a sweat doing shift work [or any work] in the past twenty years so I’m not sure about his excuse for drinking until he passes out under the Carolina skies —- as if working a shift job would be a good one to begin with.
    He’s s a tad old to be drinking himself into a stupor and boasting about it ....is there a problem here ?

Surprised that this is what a Mormon couple chooses to sing about, wants to promote, wants to convey their image of ??

still trying to wrap my head around it.

-And the two times Mr. Williams grabs himself in his lower region , good grief who is the editor of this-
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 06-14-2021 at 12:08 PM.