[REMOVE ADS]

Post What's The Hold-up?

The Ace/Kent Motown reissues are coming along, but what's going on with some of the other labels which promised reissues by the Originals and Dennis Edwards?
    According to my Amazon order history, these albums have not yet been released or shipped even though they had release dates for April. I did get the Tata Vega reissues, but I wonder what's the hold-up with the other titles?

Dennis Edwards is out Kam, one of the members of Motown Treasures has it. The Originals CD has a new release date of 9 May. The Marv Johnson CD has sold out on Amazon which is not surpriing as it's wonderful According to Amazon UK Patrice Holloway & The Monitors are scheduled for release on 7 June which is a Tue so that's incorrect! It has to be either 6 or 13 Jun.
    Last edited by copley; 05-03-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks Copley I had not seen The Originals had been put back a week until next Monday, the Marv Johnson CD was posted to me today at long last!

Marv's CD is still showing as available from www.hmv.co.uk...... just ordered a copy

Eamonn

What is the new Dennis Edwards release? I see an "Essential" collection. Is that the one you're referring to? I would love a full release including his unreleased sides with and without the Contours.

RossHolloway Guest
    What's the Original's release? Did I miss the announcement?

Dennis Edwards - 'Don't Look Any Further'

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dont-Look-Fu...4458630&sr=1-1

The Originals - 'California Sunset'

http://www.amazon.co.uk/California-S...xgy_m_h__img_b

those releases say "dispatched in 1 to 3 weeks" ? why so vague?

The Originals CD has been put back to 9/5. Dennis Edwards CD would appear to be out of stock. Amazon have a bad habit of showing the wrong status!

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Dennis Edwards - 'Don't Look Any Further'

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dont-Look-Fu...4458630&sr=1-1

The Originals - 'California Sunset'

http://www.amazon.co.uk/California-S...xgy_m_h__img_b
    Thank you, Copley!

I have received my copy of the new Dennis Edwards CD from Amazon but not the Originals.

Tried to order Marv Johnson at www.hmv.com, but failed. I have an account at HMV, even asked for a new password because I haven't been there for more than a year, but failed to get one: I was told my e-mail don't excist at HMV.
    How can I get through this red tape?

Hi Robbert,
    I tried signing in and had some problems but once I used the right email/password combination I was in. The only think I can figure is you are doing something wrong. But I could be wrong about that. If you have a different email address, try that. Or, maybe if you search your emails from them that might help.
    Last edited by MotownSteve; 05-03-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    The Originals CD has been put back to 9/5. Dennis Edwards CD would appear to be out of stock. Amazon have a bad habit of showing the wrong status!
    Copely! You just gave me a good laugh. On this side of the Atlantic 9/5 means September 5th. I was about to go into labor until I remembered that everything here is done differently than in the rest of the world. I will be patient until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by robbert View Post
    Tried to order Marv Johnson at www.hmv.com, but failed. I have an account at HMV, even asked for a new password because I haven't been there for more than a year, but failed to get one: I was told my e-mail don't excist at HMV.
    How can I get through this red tape?
    Robbert. Can't you do it the old fashioned way and go buy it in the shop!

What shop--? No more around.

Good point!

Hi Robbert, it's out of stock at almazon UK but you can get it from other shops : http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new

Got the Dennis Edward set from HMV last week. The Originals is due for despatch 9th May.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Good point!
    John - do you remember Ron's Music Shop in Ilford and the music shop close to Barking Station?

RossHolloway Guest
    Hasn't the Original's album been up on I-tunes?

Just another email from Amazon with a further delay until mid week, some stores online have said in stock but I don't think it is the case.

Eamonn

I remember Ron's music shop...Roger will surely remember that one too. Nearby at Romford, there was Wells Music and also Silcocks which changed it's name to to Blows

Barking was full of record shops but I remember the one you are referrind to. The guy was obnoxious and he would fill the shop with notices "NO SMOKING, THE RECORDS DON'T LIKE IT". He would get real mad if someone lit one up. I got a UK STML promo of the 4 Tops Album "Nature Planned It" in that shop, I remember it well.

Amazon US says it is in stock but 'Usually ships within 10 to 14 days.' As for iTunes I could not find it there.

Got notice Dennis Edwards shipped today from Amazon UK to me here in US, Originals still future dated May 17.

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item[[s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

The Originals "California Sunset"
    Estimated arrival date: May 18 2011 - May 28 2011

Purchased my copy of The Originals "California Sunset" from Dusty Groove last night, as well as the Dennis Edwards CD.

I already have Dennis Edwards...but then I do live in the UK.

So I guess your copy must be on the way

The Originals CD is now available in the UK.

At last it was posted yesterday afternoon from Amazon UK also reduced again in price £1.06 to £7.93p

Well it arrived just before lunch and it sounds better than ever, always one of my favourite albums superb vocals produced by Lamont.
    Last edited by jaybs; 05-12-2011 at 11:34 AM.