[REMOVE ADS]

💚 My Baby, My Baby, My Own💚

This Diana Ross song is so heartfelt the way she sings it makes believe every word of this song It is a true masterpiece

Is it only me who is starting to dread 'Obscure Diana song with emojis in title' threads?

No not really the same old song is boring

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Is it only me who is starting to dread 'Obscure Diana song with emojis in title' threads?
    I really enjoy them. In many cases it has allowed me an opportunity to revisit a song that I may not have had an appreciation for previously. In the case of the recent “After You” thread, I was reminded of one of my favorites and was given an opportunity to hear differing opinions of the performance as well...

No point to these threads whatsoever.

Well then stay off of them simple and plain people love the music of Diana Ross if you don’t like it go somewhere else 🖤🖤

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    This Diana Ross song is so heartfelt the way she sings it makes believe every word of this song It is a true masterpiece
    I loved this song when I first heard it in 1973 when I brought the Touch Me In The Morning album. It was my favorite along with Brown Baby/Save The Children. After hearing the To The Baby recordings, I fell in love with it again and include these others among my favorites A Part Of Me, Brown Baby [[full version) and To The Baby. Glad to know that others enjoy this song.

The threads are fine, it’s the emojis that are becoming a ‘tad annoying.

A beautiful, haunting song. I’ve always wondered if the recording had been slowed down.

For those of you keeping track, this is one of the Diana Ross songs on my 2021 Winter Music mix CD set. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the World Trade Center's collapse, and the Luther Vandross song Every Day, Every Year, Every Christmas is the one that establishes the theme for this collection: as relationships ended so abruptly that September 11th, the survivors continue to go back to that place, physically and emotionally, having conversations, still, with those they loved and lost.

At one point on this CD set, there are two brief snippets from an actual annual gathering at the World Trade Center site. The first is the opening of the ceremony, with the bagpipes playing a mournful, purposeful march, and the second is the ending, with three trumpets playing Taps. Between these is My Baby, My Baby, My Own, with Diana's character remembering the loss of her lover. Her interpretation is incredibly moving, with emotions ranging from doubt and bitterness to, maybe, hope, and her keening at the end of the song absolutely cuts like a knife each time I hear it.

For the record, also, After You, discussed on this site in recent days, appears on another holiday set yet to be distributed. That set's theme is killing time at the end of a year, waiting for the new year and expecting that new possibilities will emerge up ahead. The set builds to a happy ending, with New Year's Day, from the Broadway musical Side Show, and its optimistic lyrics, "we've got rosy red days ahead, under dreamy blue cloudless sky..." But before these songs, there's another old favorite of some of you, maybe: Marahuana, a tango-like tune from another Broadway show, circa 1934. Whatever helps you cope, as some would say.

So some on hear don’t like hearts come on people show some love

be ross is the CD set going to be available