[REMOVE ADS]

Clarence Williams III, Linc on ‘The Mod Squad,’ Dies at 81

From The Hollywood Reporter:
    Clarence Williams III, who starred as the brooding undercover cop Lincoln Hayes on the countercultural 1968-73 ABC drama The Mod Squad, has died. He was 81.
    Williams died in Los Angeles on Friday June 4, 2021 of colon cancer, his management confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
    An actor of uncommon intensity, Williams began his career on the stage and earned a Tony nomination in 1965 for best featured actor in a play for his work in the powerful three-person drama Slow Dance on the Killing Ground. Decades later, he returned to Broadway to star opposite Maggie Smith in the original 1979 production Tom Stoppard’s Night and Day.

Read More Here:
    Clarence Williams III Dead: ‘Mod Squad’ Actor Was 81 – The Hollywood Reporter

Major loss. I had no idea what a lineage he had, either. Rest in power.

Clarence's life, career and family history is legendary to me. RIP, my brother...

Sorry to hear this. I became a fan of Lincoln Hayes and was happy to see how great he was as his career progressed. Of course, he was never the lead but he was frequently the best performer in his films, even as a supporting character. My brothers and I were discussing him today and we all three think he was a superior performer. He even shined in a movie like Tales From The Hood, which would have otherwise been a schlocky b-movie. My prayers go out to his family and loved ones that they can take pride in a life well-lived more than grieve over his passing. Rest in power, Brother Clarence.

Great actor, too cool as linc, funny as hell as the devil[tales from the hood]dangerous as[bumpy-american gangster]he was also prince's father[purple rain]among his great roles...r.i.p.