[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Four Tops Single drops tomorrow 'Freedom'

A new single is released by The Four Tops, tomorrow Saturday 5th June 2p21, titled 'FREEDOM' it is a cry from Mother Nature and the animal world to humans begging us to turn our ways around.

'FREEDOM' is part of an awareness campaign and supported with a harrowing music video and endorsed by world leaders, superstars, and activists around the world.

DUKE FAKIR, said ” Sometimes things need to be said” which is why he and the Tops teamed up with MC FILMS GROUP Chris Dickson, Dr. Marlin McNichols, and FLEXY RECORDS Mark Kendrick and Todd Edwards to produce this wake-up call to the world.

Name:  TheFourTopsFreedomsingle5june2021.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  24.5 KB

I found the video that the article spoke of.

It was more like a promo of the "classic" Four Tops; nothing to do with the new song, or Mother Nature, or even the new group.

Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I found the video that the article spoke of.

It was more like a promo of the "classic" Four Tops; nothing to do with the new song, or Mother Nature, or even the new group.

Odd.
    Yes I thought it was going to be a video of a small cut of the track? Looking forward to tomorrow hearing the track!

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Yes I thought it was going to be a video of a small cut of the track? Looking forward to tomorrow hearing the track!
    Me as well! Trying the remember the last time the Tops released a single? Back in the 80's? Who is the lead singer these days? Still Ronnie McNeir?

A pointless exercise and waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Me as well! Trying the remember the last time the Tops released a single? Back in the 80's? Who is the lead singer these days? Still Ronnie McNeir?
    The lead singer is Alexander Morris.

Nothing on streaming here in the UK this morning for 'Freedom'

'A pointless exercise' well we all have different opinions!! lol, I understood The Four Tops were approached to do the single, and it is and has gained so much PR for them worldwide already! No one is ever forced to listen to any new material. from the age of 15 I never missed one concert, and got to know the group so well when I went to work in commercial radio for 21 years, especially Levi, we kept in touch, his vocal still touches me to this day! I will openly admit I have not seen any recent concers with The Temptations here in the UK? but I did get their last new DVD with the new line up, a new album is being worked on, and Yes I will buy it!!!

The Video for 'Freedom' has just dropped on YouTube, first thoughts, no one would ever know it was The Four Tops, quite a few colleagies were waiting to see what it was like to add to radio play lists, well I am not sure??

Last edited by jaybs; 06-05-2021 at 11:08 AM.

I listened to the single and it’s not bad at all!! The singing is good, the production is good, and the song's message is positive and current! I like it

For the song to be a waste of resources would be quite ironic...
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 06-05-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I listened to the single and it’s not bad at all!! The singing is good, the production is good, and the song's message is positive and current! I like it

For the song to be a waste of resources would be quite ironic...
    No complaints! Sounds great. Our planet is effed up with all this plastic, so I Hope this product will increase worldwide awareness of this issue. I am digressing, are cruise ship still allowed to grind up their waste into 1" pieces when 5 miles from the shore? Hopefully the media honchos view the Tops as relevant and promote this product.

I also like it. It would have suited Levi Stubbs.

I like it too! I agree with TomatoTom and 144man comments.

Thanks for sharing jaybs and much appreciated from another huge Four Tops fan here in the UK. I like it too. Great seeing Abdul still being active at a wonderful age of 85. The lead singers sounds good.

Just can't get into it! Nothing about it feels The Four Tops? last night I watched the DVD again of The Four Tops at Stardust, no one was ever going to replace Dear Levi, but for me Theo Peoples came really close, and no wonder The Captain Levi backed him. The Four Tops were The Best at harmonies, that is so missing in 'Freedom' I wait patiently to see if the album appears, and how they perform on other new material.

Stardust DVD again brought tears to my eyes, seeing The Captain Levi, wonder if he ever truly realised what genuine talent he had, such a modest guy, The Best.

Disappointed it has not been released on Spotify, as the press release said!

I don't like the lead singer's vocal intonation. Otherwise, not bad at all. I like the song. I wish more songs sounded like that these days.

And, for all who missed it, the O'Jays put out a nice album a couple of years ago.