[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Topps Records

Did anyone on this forum ever buy one of the 8-count boxes of the Motown Topps cardboard records BITD? I have one of the boxes and I'm curious to know if it was random records in the box like a pack of cards or if it was a full run of either records #1-8 or 9-16.

Name:  motowntoppsbox.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  18.2 KB

I can't say that I've ever seen a box for these, so thanks for sharing it even if you don't get an answer to your question. I have the discs.....now I need to find me a box!
    Darin

Cool. The boxes are tricky to find, but they turn up occasionally. I'm guessing not a lot of people wanted to shell out the $1.20 for 8 cardboard records they probably already had the actual 45s of, but it's an interesting thought.

Some of the cardboard records are kind of rare too. The Marvelettes one and the Tempts "The Way You Do The Things You Do" took me the longest to find.

Quote Originally Posted by nsoule View Post
    Some of the cardboard records are kind of rare too. The Marvelettes one and the Tempts "The Way You Do The Things You Do" took me the longest to find.
    I was pleasantly surprised that they did one of these for The Marvelettes- and even MORE pleasantly surprised that I got one on ebay!

I've always felt the "Shop Around" disc was among the harder ones to find as well.
    Darin

Wow. My question was cosmically answered by a complete set that just appeared on eBay with a very steep starting price. Looks like the boxes were sold as a set of two and contained a full run of all 16 records.
    Name:  motowntopps.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  18.6 KB

Very interesting to see the complete package. I guess I never connected the little strip poster as being part of the Topps record set. I have the sales poster and you see those show up occasionally as well individually. It's odd those were saved for some reason.
    Darin

The starting price must not have been steep to two bidders, closed at $463.66!!

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    The starting price must not have been steep to two bidders, closed at $463.66!!

Try & find another set of 2 boxes, c/w the bands and all have the original sleeves in mint condition!

Oh I totally agree Graham.....I was referring to nsoule's comment of a steep starting price.

Lol. I still think that's a lot of money for what it is, but after looking around online it seems like some less complete sets have gone for more on some of the trading card auction sites...