[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Rip tom shannon

Rip tom shannon

I just learned that legendary DJ, Tom Shannon, has passed. I recently spoke with him. I've know Tom since the Tera Shirma days when he and partner, Carl Cisco, were spending a lot of time in the studio, working their production company. You were a special friend Tom. You will be missed.

He was huge in Detroit when I was a teenager growing up and listening to CKLW who did more than almost any station except for possibly WKNR to promote Motown. He was a local legend and one of the many great DJs whose personalities made that era so special. RIP.

Sad to hear ...
    Fly high, sir ...thank you for the Motown love.

Here is his obituary and a recap of his life by the legendary Susan Whitall. How many remember Wild Weekend? It was a fabulous song. I was never aware of the connection between Tom and the song.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ob...ed/5198149001/