[REMOVE ADS]

Sarah Dash - Cindy's Former Singing Partner is Now Her Caregiver

From 2017:

https://www.fashionedits.com/blog/an...pills-the-tea/

Sarah grew up in New Jersey, her father a Pentecostal Pastor, who emphasized education and even had some extra money saved in case her musical career did not work out. Before captivating the global arena as a member of LaBelle, the group was a foursome with singer Cindy Birdsong making up the then `Patti LaBelle and the Bluebells.’ When Cindy left the group to join the Supremes, the group became `LaBelle’ Sarah recalls, “When Cindy left the group and joined the then top female group The Supremes, they were riding high and we were still struggling, Patti was very upset. it was extremely hard for Patti when Cindy left, it wasn’t a pretty scene. But we crossed that bridge. We are all friendly now.” Sarah added that presently she’s one of Cindy’s caregivers since she’d been ill. She also mentioned that whenever she goes to Los Angeles, she sees Diana Ross’ sons and they try to get her to go to their home.

Well that is nice and interesting. Patti and company were not very nice to Cindy when she left but all has been forgiven at this day. I am not sure what is going on with Cindy but she in my prayers and thoughts. I felt love and happy that the Ross sons were in involved to a degree. Prayers going up for you Cindy......Love you.

I was happy to see this mention at first, being a big Sarah fan and an admirer of Cindy's and knowing they were both Camden NJ homegirls, but then i noted that the article is 4 years old and Sarah only claims to being 'one of Cindy's caregivers' so I can't help but wonder what that really means. I also find the sentence about the Ross sons a bit confusing due to its bad syntax: just who's home do the sons try to get who to go to? Just kinda a weird statement, IMO.

What circles is she in that she runs into the Ross boys? Do they even know who Sarah Dash is? The whole thing is side eye worthy. Then again, maybe she goes to Ross’s club/lounge. Who knows? I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    What circles is she in that she runs into the Ross boys? Do they even know who Sarah Dash is? The whole thing is side eye worthy. Then again, maybe she goes to Ross’s club/lounge. Who knows? I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt.
    Sarah's my girl and I give the benefit of the doubt as well, but highly match and brow-raise your side-eye!

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Well that is nice and interesting. Patti and company were not very nice to Cindy when she left but all has been forgiven at this day. I am not sure what is going on with Cindy but she in my prayers and thoughts. I felt love and happy that the Ross sons were in involved to a degree. Prayers going up for you Cindy......Love you.
    There's a interview Sarah did from 2015 where she is asked about Cindy. The interviewer points out that, according to Cindy, it was many years before the Bluebelles/Labelle spoke to her after she left them to join the Supremes. Sarah said this was news to her. She pointed out that the Supremes were always on tour and so at that point their paths really wouldn't cross. [[I figure this was referencing the different venues the two groups were probably playing at this point.) Sarah remembered the entire group going to see the Supremes after Cindy joined and visiting backstage. She recalled it was weird [[I'm guessing the vibe and Cindy being a Supreme). I imagine it's possible that Sarah may just not remember how hard the feelings were about Cindy's leaving. Cindy may remember because it was "done" to her. In a lot of cases we don't always remember when we hurt people, but we tend to remember when we've been hurt. On the other hand, it's possible that Cindy misconstrued any silence from Sarah as ignoring and anger when Sarah may have simply moved in a different direction and out of sight, out of mind was the result.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Why wouldn't they know who Sarah is? Their mother is Diana Ross. She knows all these folks. Of all the things to make up, what would be gained from this?