[REMOVE ADS]

Were any Motown stars ever covered by Time Magazine?

I was in my local WalMart today looking at the publications that they carry. I saw a decent size publication by TIME [owned by Meredith Corporation] that was for sale. It had a unique picture of Lucille Ball on the cover.

My question is this: Has TIME ever issued any entire issues devoted to a specific Motown artist, i. e. Diana Ross, Martha Reeves, Jimmy Ruffin, or any other artists? I have never seen one.

One would think about Mary's death. That should elicit a publication about her.

Just wondering. It was really well produced. Now, if only I were a Lucille Ball enthusiast!

I would think they've issued special issues on Michael Jackson but I don't know for sure. But I don't think they've done entire issues on any of the other Motown acts.