[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    You are not a party pooper, David. We all [[well ... most of us ...) feel exactly the same. Ella Fitzgerald and Lena Horne left the public stage at about Diana's current age, Sarah Vaughn 10 years younger, Nancy Wilson a tad younger, etc. So anyone with a heart who claims to love the Supremes and their legacy will wish Diana the same as you have. I sure do!
    I love me some Miss Ross. I definitely do not want her touring all over the place, but this would be the perfect time to jump back into acting! She gets to stay in one place, your schedule is done, on to the next film/show.

Bluebrock

Do you know whether the London Symphony Album is still a possibility?

This is one which I think would go down a bomb in the UK.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Bluebrock

Do you know whether the London Symphony Album is still a possibility?

This is one which I think would go down a bomb in the UK.

Thanks
    Yes. That project is still on course, but for obvious reasons it's eventual release will not be allowed to interfere with the new studio album.

I AM GOING IN JUNE 2022. Hopefully. I can’t wait

What is the London Symphony album thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I AM GOING IN JUNE 2022. Hopefully. I can’t wait
    Fingers crossed Tom. Fingers crossed.

It's so unscrupulous when promoters add extra dates without consent..in my own dj career over the years many times I've seen my name advertised on a poster when I have yet to be approached for consent..I find it rude and irritating regardless of my relationship with the promoter responsible.im sure miss Ross feels the same it's highly insulting

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    What is the London Symphony album thank you
    Usually these are albums featuring vocal tracks from past recordings with newly created symphonic orchestrations. I don't know if pre-existing instrumental tracks are also part of the mix. Several by other singers seem to have been quite successful.

Usually these are albums featuring vocal tracks from past recordings with newly created symphonic orchestrations. I don't know if pre-existing instrumental tracks are also part of the mix. Several by other singers seem to have been quite successful.
    If the artist is still alive they usually lay down new vocals. That is what the likes of Neil Diamond and Rod Stewart did.
    Personally speaking i would prefer Ms Ross's original vocals added to the new arrangements. I guess it depends on how happy or unhappy she is with her newly laid down vocals.

At least once they said they would refund the money Ticketmaster were prompt with it.

Was confused as to what was going on at first - we had changed to the last added O2 concert as the dates suited us better but it is cancelled.

Pity because we had front row tickets - will now get tickets for another date but at least if Diana comes we'll be there in the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    If the artist is still alive they usually lay down new vocals. That is what the likes of Neil Diamond and Rod Stewart did.
    Personally speaking i would prefer Ms Ross's original vocals added to the new arrangements. I guess it depends on how happy or unhappy she is with her newly laid down vocals.
    That's interesting, Mr. B! I had always assumed the vocals were 'lifted'. At least with new vocals these lps have a tad more artistic integrity. The entire genre is just not of interest to me though I can see the interest that others have in these releases. I'm generally not a fan of re-records: they just seem kind of desperate. My only exception are dance remixs, which I never 'prefer' to the original versions but are at least dynamic fun. How is the UK doing, Covid-wise, these days?

That's interesting, Mr. B! I had always assumed the vocals were 'lifted'. At least with new vocals these lps have a tad more artistic integrity. The entire genre is just not of interest to me though I can see the interest that others have in these releases. I'm generally not a fan of re-records: they just seem kind of desperate. My only exception are dance remixs, which I never 'prefer' to the original versions but are at least dynamic fun. How is the UK doing, Covid-wise, these days?
    We are getting there slowly, but this new Indian variant is causing problems in certain areas. We are slowly getting back to normality whatever that may pass for these days.
    Getting back to the subject in hand i have loved the Orchestra albums by Aretha, Carpenters, Roy Orbison and the Beach Boys. Well worth checking out.
    I look forward to Dusty's in due course and George Michael's.

Elvis Presley's orchestra album was amazing as well especially Burning Love. I really hope they include some Supremes tracks. I'd love to hear Come See About Me or You Cant Hurry Love get the orchestra treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Elvis Presley's orchestra album was amazing as well especially Burning Love. I really hope they include some Supremes tracks. I'd love to hear Come See About Me or You Cant Hurry Love get the orchestra treatment.
    I have played that Elvis album hundrespds of times. Yes, Burning Love smokes !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I have played that Elvis album hundrespds of times. Yes, Burning Love smokes !!!
    Circa I'll never forget the first time I heard it. I put the volume up really loud and just started dancing around my house like a crazy idiot. I hope I gave the neighbors something to laugh at!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    We are getting there slowly, but this new Indian variant is causing problems in certain areas. We are slowly getting back to normality whatever that may pass for these days.
    Getting back to the subject in hand i have loved the Orchestra albums by Aretha, Carpenters, Roy Orbison and the Beach Boys. Well worth checking out.
    I look forward to Dusty's in due course and George Michael's.
    Yes the Elvis albums are excellent as is the Ella offering. They just put a slightly different slant on classic recordings. I love them. I really do.

Afterthought
    I hope they don't call Diana's new album, Ross or Diana.
    Yikes.that be a mess