[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Diana Ross Announces UK "Thank You" Tour For Summer 2022

Diana Ross has announced the UK "Thank You" Tour for June 2022.

The run will take the legendary vocalist to arenas in Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool, Birmingham, and London, where she'll play two nights at the O2 Arena.

Tickets purchased for her previously postponed Top Of The World UK Tour will be valid for the corresponding new dates, with any remaining tickets on sale now.

Her deferred Eden Sessions appearance and a concert as part of the Lytham Festival series are still to be rearranged. All ticket holders will be contacted by their point of purchase in due course

Diana Ross Upcoming Tour Dates are as follows

Tue June 14 2022 - MANCHESTER AO Arena
    Wed June 15 2022 - LEEDS first direct Arena
    Fri June 17 2022 - GLASGOW SSE Hydro
    Sat June 18 2022 - LIVERPOOL M&S Bank Arena
    Mon June 20 2022 - BIRMINGHAM Utilita Arena
    Thu June 23 2022 - LONDON O2 Arena
    Fri June 24 2022 - LONDON O2 Arena

More info here
    https://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/231700/9

Strange because we've just received an e-mail from Ticketmaster saying that her UK Tour is cancelled and that THEY ARE REFUNDING THE TICKET MONEY PAID - no mention of the seats being valid for the new tour.

I had a feeling that when she posted that tweet back in February and had “Thank You” in parenthesis it meant something.

Bluebrock

Any idea what's going on?

Last week, I received an e-mail from AXS, who I booked through, to advise that my tickets have been taken forward to the new dates in 2022. The AXS app on my phone confirms this too.

Here's hoping for a wonderful concert.
    Last edited by rovereab; 05-21-2021 at 01:01 PM.

THANK YOU would be a good title for her new album which must be coming out any second??

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    THANK YOU would be a good title for her new album which must be coming out any second??
    I suspected it is a song/ possible album title when she tweeted that earlier this year. That’s cool for an album track. But not a lead single. It would be “Best years of my life” part 2. No Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I suspected it is a song/ possible album title when she tweeted that earlier this year. That’s cool for an album track. But not a lead single. It would be “Best years of my life” part 2. No Thanks.
    Lol

THANK YOU would be a bad album title ?? Titles don't have to match a lead single's title, although its a good marketing idea..

That could be a fun thread ,

"What would be a good title for Diana Ross' new album?"

THANK YOU would be a bad album title ?? Titles don't have to match a lead single's title, although its a good marketing idea..

That could be a fun thread ,

"What would be a good title for Diana Ross' new album?"
    It could work as an album title. I could also deal if it is an album track. I just don’t want it to be released as a single. Been there done that with those kind of songs.

Unless she totally surprises us and it’s not one of those “thank you for your love and support ” kind of songs.

maybe its a thank you for an amazing life and career ...and fans and family

maybe its a thank you for an amazing life and career ...and fans and family
    Right. That’s why I said been there, done that. We already had “Your love” and “Best years of my life”. I just want a good album. One not full of those “inspirational” type songs. That title can be worked in other ways. I’d prefer inspiration more along the lines of something like Alicia Meyers “I want to thank you”. Something more funky. But I totally accept that this may be Diana’s final curtain call as far as releasing new music- and she wants to say “Thank You”.

I guess it all depends on where Diana's head is right now and how she wants to express herself. Certainly doesn't need to be all profound! I hope her fun side shines through too!

Judging by the fact that she's jumping back in full force suggests there's still a lot left to be offered by Miss Ross. If anyone can pull it off , its her!

As long as the albums not titled Diana Ross, Diana, diana, Ross or ross I don’t really mind.

Does our Queen even know about this your the name of the album should be called we are family funky upbeat music hopefully 🎵💄🎵

A good album title would be 'Forever'.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    A good album title would be 'Forever'.
    She had a box set in 93 with that title

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    As long as the albums not titled Diana Ross, Diana, diana, Ross or ross I don’t really mind.
    hee hee.

Is it time for an LP titled 'MISS ROSS'??

Kind of a fun poke at herself [what would the cover look like?]

and it could provide an angle that would generate some media attention...

hee hee.

That’s a great idea.

hee hee.

I think it a fun idea Boog. You need to speak to her people right away...
    I always thought Diana should have recorded a song with similar sentiments to MJ’s “Leave Me Alone”.

Miss Ross sounds to formal we need something fun

Well, is anyone going to any of the concerts?

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Miss Ross sounds to formal we need something fun

.....OK ... how about CALL ME MISS ROSS !!!

.....OK ... how about CALL ME MISS ROSS !!!
    Great idea, and she can be posing in a vintage hollywood boudoir setting, looking very glam, with J. Randy standing at the doorway, dressed in very formal butler attire, whilst holding a silver platter.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Great idea, and she can be posing in a vintage hollywood boudoir setting, looking very glam, with J. Randy standing at the doorway, dressed in very formal butler attire, whilst holding a silver platter.
    lol! that would be time immemorial!

[QUOTE=milven;629113]

The run will take the legendary vocalist to arenas in Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool, Birmingham, and London, where she'll play two nights at the O2 Arena.

Tickets purchased for her previously postponed Top Of The World UK Tour will be valid for the corresponding new dates, with any remaining tickets on sale now.

Her deferred Eden Sessions appearance and a concert as part of the Lytham Festival series are still to be rearranged. All ticket holders will be contacted by their point of purchase in due course

Fri June 24 2022 - LONDON

Please don’t tell me she is using a 45 year old picture. That pic is almost as old as her set list and arrangements.

[QUOTE=Circa 1824;630034]
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

Fri June 24 2022 - LONDON

Please don’t tell me she is using a 45 year old picture. That pic is almost as old as her set list and arrangements.
    I have to admit the pic took me by surprise as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    If y'all think I'm going to play with y'all!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Seriously, when she was on HSN she looked absolutely STUNNING! ESPECIALLY in the last two hours with the Black dress. She could've easily done a nice new shoot with the HSN Makeup artists. She looked radiantly beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    If y'all think I'm going to play with y'all!!!!! 藍藍藍藍藍藍

Seriously, when she was on HSN she looked absolutely STUNNING! ESPECIALLY in the last two hours with the Black dress. She could've easily done a nice new shoot with the HSN Makeup artists. She looked radiantly beautiful.
    She sure did, JLove!

As regards lp titles, I watched the Gordon Lightfoot doc recently and he made an interesting comment about retitling the lp 'Sit Down, Young Stranger' when the single 'If You Could Read My Mind' became a hit. Lightfoot was against retitling the lp, but a record company exec explained to Gordon " 'Sit Down...' sales will be x; "IYCRMM' sales will be 7x'. Lightfoot agreed with the retitling and the lp shot up the charts.

I suspect the new album will be released in 2022 to coincide with the tour. At least it’s not a rush job.
    It almost seems surreal. A new Diana Ross album and UK tour. Seems so long ago....

Diana used the 1978 pic on some of the merchandise sold during her 2019 75th birthday tour. I must say that I get quite a few compliments whenever I wear the shirts. And of course, she has consistently used the 1993 ONE WOMAN photo.

I'm not sure why she feels the need to go back so far when she probably has some more recent photos that are just as good. I know there were some stunning photos done around the time of I LOVE YOU that were used for the bonus dvd and concert program although she used older photos for the cd. But I've seen Aretha and Dionne go back some distance for photos as well, although not as often.
    Last edited by reese; 05-24-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Diana used the 1978 pic on some of the merchandise sold during her 2019 75th birthday tour. I must say that I get quite a few compliments whenever I wear the shirts. And of course, she has consistently used the 1993 ONE WOMAN photo.

I'm not sure why she feels the need to go back so far when she probably has some more recent photos that are just as good. I know there were some stunning photos done around the time of I LOVE YOU that were used for the bonus dvd and concert program although she used older photos for the cd. But I've seen Aretha and Dionne go back some distance for photos as well, although not as often.
    It's the Promoters who chose that particular photo. She submitted several for consideration [[no new ones) so i am told, and this particular one was chosen.
    It's quite common practice for performers of a certain vintage to use old photos. It is probably down to vanity but it is what it is.

I suspect the new album will be released in 2022 to coincide with the tour. At least it’s not a rush job.
    It almost seems surreal. A new Diana Ross album and UK tour. Seems so long ago....
    It's due this year Ollie so i am reliably informed.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Bluebrock

Any idea what's going on?
    I am not at all convinced it will take place at all. It has already been streamlined from the original 2020 tour with a few UK and all the European dates cancelled.
    It now resembles the tour she originally agreed to do. The UK tour was one of the original conditions for the release of the new album. She did not want to add any European dates or further UK dates to the schedule. I was very concerned and indeed unhappy when additional dates were gradually added.
    There are enough dates here for her to fulfill. She has also agreed to do the previously advertised Lytham Festival if a date can be mutually agreed, but Glastonbury is very much in the balance and unlikely to go ahead so i am told. I remain sceptical about the whole tour, but i am told it is scheduled to go ahead as things currently stand.
    That is as much as i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Hello Bluebrock. Do you know if Diana is signed to a UK label or US label and whether or not it is an indie or major label? Thank you.

Many thanks for for update B. It seems odd that the album would not tie in with the tour so perhaps your right to have reservations about the concerts actually taking place.
    Personally, i think she has given enough and would be just as happy to see her visiting these shores to promote the album in rude health.

Wait? Are you saying that the UK tour won’t be happening?? Diana seems to be in good health, doesn’t she?
    Last edited by Atasteofhoney; 05-24-2021 at 12:57 PM.

I am not at all convinced it will take place at all. It has already been streamlined from the original 2020 tour with a few UK and all the European dates cancelled.
    It now resembles the tour she originally agreed to do. The UK tour was one of the original conditions for the release of the new album. She did not want to add any European dates or further UK dates to the schedule. I was very concerned and indeed unhappy when additional dates were gradually added.
    There are enough dates here for her to fulfill. She has also agreed to do the previously advertised Lytham Festival if a date can be mutually agreed, but Glastonbury is very much in the balance and unlikely to go ahead so i am told. I remain sceptical about the whole tour, but i am told it is scheduled to go ahead as things currently stand.
    That is as much as i know.
    Thanks, Bluebrock.

We must have been going to one of the cancelled concerts - unlikely they're going to add more dates or they wouldn't be refunding money.

Really sad about Glastonbury but never say never.

Info much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepdishus2001 View Post
    Hello Bluebrock. Do you know if Diana is signed to a UK label or US label and whether or not it is an indie or major label? Thank you.
    I honestly do not know for sure, but i am pretty sure it is a US label. Details are given on a need to know basis, and i guess they figure i do not need to know as yet. Ouch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Atasteofhoney View Post
    Wait? Are you saying that the UK tour won’t be happening?? Diana seems to be in good health, doesn’t she?
    I didn't actually say that it wouldn't happen, but you have to take into account her age and the fact that she does not need the money or the stress and upheaval involved. Every effort will be made to ensure she is comfortable and well cared for, but i am not fully convinced she would want to put herself through it.

Many thanks for for update B. It seems odd that the album would not tie in with the tour so perhaps your right to have reservations about the concerts actually taking place.
    Personally, i think she has given enough and would be just as happy to see her visiting these shores to promote the album in rude health.
    She is /was hopeful of undertaking a few dates in the USA later this year to promote the new album.
    She will pay a promotional visit to the UK to coincide with the release of the album whenever that may be.

She is /was hopeful of undertaking a few dates in the USA later this year to promote the new album.
    She will pay a promotional visit to the UK to coincide with the release of the album whenever that may be.
    Not that it matters one whit regarding the reality of the event occuring, but I see that the 02's official site has tickets on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Thanks, Bluebrock.

We must have been going to one of the cancelled concerts - unlikely they're going to add more dates or they wouldn't be refunding money.

Really sad about Glastonbury but never say never.

Info much appreciated.
    I very much doubt further dates will be added. The 2020 Top of the World tour contained too many dates. She originally committed to around 6 dates which was manageable. I was angry when those European dates were added and she did not want to do them. It would have been extra work for everyone involved, not too mention much more stressful for us all. It was those greedy, charlatan promoters who saw the dollar signs.

I honestly do not know for sure, but i am pretty sure it is a US label. Details are given on a need to know basis, and i guess they figure i do not need to know as yet. Ouch!!!
    Thank you so much. I do hope the London Symphony Orchestra album happens as well with maybe one or two new vocals on that also.

I just want what is best for her. Having her in this world is more important than seeing her perform. However, I see miss Ross express on her twitter how much she misses performing and being on stage. I really thought she would continue touring a few more years.
    Bluebrock, if you come in contact with miss R, please tell her we are so many people that love her so so.

It would be awesome if a family member went with her on this tour just to make sure she has looked after and we are all at ease🧡🧡🖤🤎🧡🧡Thanks Bluebrock For all that you do it is very much appreciated

just a thought, not trying to be a party pooper but,
    Diana just turned 77, and will be 78 by the time this album is out and she is on tour.
    damn i feel like a old dirt bag.
    let s hope all goes well and i pray Diana is in good health as well as everyone reading this

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    just a thought, not trying to be a party pooper but,
    Diana just turned 77, and will be 78 by the time this album is out and she is on tour.
    damn i feel like a old dirt bag.
    let s hope all goes well and i pray Diana is in good health as well as everyone reading this
    You are not a party pooper, David. We all [[well ... most of us ...) feel exactly the same. Ella Fitzgerald and Lena Horne left the public stage at about Diana's current age, Sarah Vaughn 10 years younger, Nancy Wilson a tad younger, etc. So anyone with a heart who claims to love the Supremes and their legacy will wish Diana the same as you have. I sure do!