[REMOVE ADS]

Respect Trailer #2: Jennifer Hudson/Aretha

Here is the second trailer of the movie Respect about Aretha, starring Jennifer Hudson:

This trailer makes the film look much better & more interesting that the prior trailer did. I'm now once again looking forward to seeing 'Respect'. Yet ... JHud just doesn't [[for me) capture Aretha like Cynthia E did. For one, Hudson is singing way to low and bombastically to capture Aretha's one-of-a-kind magic.

I agree with Peace looking forward to seeing this. I think the scenes with young Aretha is why. I was kind of thinking that I wish they would have found some Aretha recordings [[like some live performances we haven't heard) instead Jennifer redoing them but hopefully once the movie going it will be okay.

Luciano, I also like the way Aretha's improvising with her sisters is presented, and it's always wonderful to see Audra McDonald. The NatGeo series was excellent and there's really no reason why this theatrical film cannot be just as good.

Featurette talking about Jennifer playing Aretha and showing additional movie clips: