[REMOVE ADS]

Ross magazine covers

It would be with glowing hearts that Diana Ross would be on some of these magazine covers such as people magazine and all the others I see all the other major stars on the front covers but no Diana Ross is she invisible or something

Diana was just on the cover of Town & Country- the April edition. Not a small picture, but the full cover.

https://www.newyorkgossipgal.com/202...il-2021-issue/

I mean the specialty magazine covers like time people Rolling Stone there’s nothing and there’s no reason why there isn’t doesn’t make any sense

Name:  diana-ross mag.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  95.8 KB from Forever box set booklet

🧡With all due respect those magazine covers our old old old 🧡

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    I mean the specialty magazine covers like time people Rolling Stone there’s nothing and there’s no reason why there isn’t doesn’t make any sense
    Well ... there is a reason as well as sense. Physical magazine sales are down, and magazines are generally a current and point-of-sale purchase and have, since the 1940's at least, been tied into a current project/produce. So a heritage personality such as Diana is just really not on the radar ... unfortunately ...

I just seen this Cher Tina Turner and the Bee Gees On these specially dedicated magazine covers but never any doubt Diana Ross the whole magazine is dedicated to them it does not make any sense

I can't quite put my finger on why but the legacy of Diana and the Supremes hasn't held up as well over the last 20-30 years as it should have.

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    🧡With all due respect those magazine covers our old old old 🧡
    It's just sorta recently become a thing where the older generation gets to be on the cover of the magazines. Unfortunately, Miss Ross doesn't really have much to promote. Her last album was in 06'. Hopefully she can do covers for the new album

What would Diana be doing on a magazine cover in 2021?

About 10 years ago Mary Wilson was behind a special edition Supremes magazine that was available for purchase.

Print media is pretty much obsolete now..I can't even remember the last time I bought a magazine

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Print media is pretty much obsolete now..I can't even remember the last time I bought a magazine
    After You, I know of the magazines you are mentioning; they are not the typical monthly releases. These are collectors editions and special edition full tribute issues that are geared toward older readers and fans and have become quite popular over the past few years. Cher, The Bee Gees, Aretha, The Beatles, The Rolling Stone, The Office, All In The Family, etc. I’m hoping Diana is featured on one with the new CD release and media coverage of her sixty years of music.

Diana was on the cover of Ebony magazine a couple of years ago. However, with the company restructuring, I think it may have been digital.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Diana was on the cover of Ebony magazine a couple of years ago. However, with the company restructuring, I think it may have been digital.
    That is true. It was their first copy to go digital. I was quite upset. I wanted a printed copy.

JohnnyB you knew which magazine covers I was talking about 🎩 hats off to you

You do realize that both the Look and Life featuring an exclusive, glamorous Diana Ross cover image turned out to be the very last weekly issue for each magazine, don't you?

It's not that customers rejected those issues, however. Each sold well.

But after publishing a Diana Ross cover story, apparently, each editor said, "Oh my God; what have I done? I can never, ever, find another individual of such stunning beauty, such amazing talent and such stunning humanity. She is an unparalleled, inspirational figure who will never be equaled or surpassed. My work is done. This magazine has achieved its ultimate accomplishment. Any other person who might be featured on a cover from now on would seem merely second-rate, if that, and no one would have reason to buy a copy of the magazine any more."

So lovingly true

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    After You, I know of the magazines you are mentioning; they are not the typical monthly releases. These are collectors editions and special edition full tribute issues that are geared toward older readers and fans and have become quite popular over the past few years. Cher, The Bee Gees, Aretha, The Beatles, The Rolling Stone, The Office, All In The Family, etc. I’m hoping Diana is featured on one with the new CD release and media coverage of her sixty years of music.
    There was a magazine like this put out for the Supremes that Mary was involved in. It was called MY SUPREMES and it was put out for their 50th Anniversary.

I am familiar with vanity books. I never heard of vanity magazines. But this may be one. I have it and Mary was promoting it on the Supremes' 50th.

Oh. It came up sideways. I'm too lazy to find out how to post it right side up, so just turn your head sideways to look at it
    Name:  supremes.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  98.2 KB

The March 1989 Vanity Fair cover photograph of Diana Ross, photographed by Annie Liebovitz is beautiful.