[REMOVE ADS]

May 13th - Happy Birthday Stevie Wonder!

Happy 71st Birthday to Mr. Stevie Wonder born May 13th, 1950!

For the last year or so my favorite song by Stevie has been Don't Wonder Why from his 1970 Signed, Sealed, Delivered album. I had listened to the song a few times before and it never registered and suddenly one day I listened to it with new ear buds and the background vocals were louder and clearer and it changed everything. I've said several times that my favorite period of Stevie is between 1967-1971. So what's your favorite Stevie song?

Happy 71st Birthday [and Many, Many More] to Stevie Wonder!! I've got So Many Favorite Songs by him that it's Impossible for me to pick one.

One song from Stevie would for me, change every hour. Happy Birthday Stevie!...

Happy Birthday to Stevie.....I would say my favorite would have to be "I Was Made To Love Her".
    Darin

Happy birthday, Mr. Morris! Choosing a favorite Stevie song is akin to calculating how many bubbles are in a bar of soap!

Probably "Hey Love".

Glad to hear Stevie is doing well; I've always been partial to 'Heaven Help Us All'

Happy Birthday.

My favourite would be "I Was Made to Love Her".

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Probably "Hey Love".
    Another great one by SW and one of my favorites! I just heard the mono version of this song a couple of weeks ago. There's more of an echo on the song and the background vocals are set back just a little bit. And in a couple spots there's an echo on Stevie's vocals and the mono version runs 13 seconds longer!

Okay...with the proverbial gun held to my head, it would have to be this:

Too many favorites to choose from, but the Stevie track that I've been listening to the most recently is "All I Do" off of the Hotter Than July album. It's better than the Tammi version imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Another great one by SW and one of my favorites! I just heard the mono version of this song a couple of weeks ago. There's more of an echo on the song and the background vocals are set back just a little bit. And in a couple spots there's an echo on Stevie's vocals and the mono version runs 13 seconds longer!

I SOOOOO much prefer the mono mix over the stereo mix....has more punch, especially considering the sparse arrangement.

Stevie Wonder Thanks his fans for all the Birthday Wishes in this new [but brief] clip:

https://youtu.be/MHvayF4aGgM