[REMOVE ADS]

Might We Get Another Manuscript Attributed To Mary Wilson??

As I recall , part of Mary Wilson's ability to recount her Supremes experiences was that she was a meticulous note taker [[?)

If so , surely this was a practice she continued throughout her life. Perhaps there exists a cache of such records waiting to be transcribed.

Wouldn't it be great if the family found a writer/editor to assemble them.
    It could be titled DREAM ON, MY LIFE AFTER BEING A SUPREME.

I would buy it but at this point, I wonder just what is left to say. She's already written three books.

but what might be left is whatever she chose to originally leave out, her reactions to the reactions, and then just what was it like living the life of a post Supreme ....

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I would buy it but at this point, I wonder just what is left to say. She's already written three books.
    I hear you, but you know what? I would've loved a fourth book where Mary was able to write about her life with the pressure off to move a ton of units with drama. The interview that was posted a couple weeks back of Mary being interviewed by Harry and Andy, there was some great stuff in there, like the question about how Mary's fame affected her family when the Supremes skyrocketed. I would've loved to read Mary go into more depth about things like that. My fingers are always crossed that Diana will drop a second- better than the first- book where she might reveal these kinds of memories. I think there was a ton of information left to reveal but because the public salivates for the drama, there never was much room for Mary [[or Diana) to talk about anything else.

what will happen to the Gowns collection ? I hope it isnt put to rest in some storage unit somewhere..im sure if it continued to tour it would still be successful

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    what will happen to the Gowns collection ? I hope it isnt put to rest in some storage unit somewhere..im sure if it continued to tour it would still be successful
    Hopefully her estate will keep it going.

I bought a ticket to see the exhibit at the Grammy Museum in Newark, NJ the day after Thanksgiving in November of 2019. I was later informed that the museum would be closed on that day but the director of the museum gave me a refund plus a free ticket for me and a guest on a new date. Unfortunately that date turned out to be cancelled as well due to Covid-19.

Re; Mary's itinerary listing of tracks in "Dream Girl"..where did she get the song titles listed that we now know The Supremes didnt record ? its strange..did Motown or producers send her lyrics or demos to learn for those tracks and a studio recording date that was then cancelled ? any ideas how this all happened ? how did all those tracks turn up listed in her diaries ?
    Last edited by nomis; 05-10-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    As I recall , part of Mary Wilson's ability to recount her Supremes experiences was that she was a meticulous note taker [[?)
    Wasn't it said that Mary had to go see hypnotists to try to recall details of significant events in the past in order to write the books?

Re; Mary's itinerary listing of tracks in "Dream Girl"..where did she get the song titles listed that we now know The Supremes didnt record ? its strange..did Motown or producers send her lyrics or demos to learn for those tracks and a studio recording date that was then cancelled ? any ideas how this all happened ? how did all those tracks turn up listed in her diaries ?
    Many years ago, someone in the Yahoo groups said that much of the info re recording sessions was given to Mary by a friend at Motown. It seems like they wrote down what were slated as Supremes sessions. But as proven with the subsequent release of LOST AND FOUND, some of the songs listed didn't even contain backing vocals.

One question I want to know is did Mary know that Berry Gordy was Rhonda Ross father at the time she wrote Dreamgirls?

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Wasn't it said that Mary had to go see hypnotists to try to recall details of significant events in the past in order to write the books?
    If I remember correctly, JRT wrote that in CHMR. He was not very complimentary of anything he wrote of Mary in that book. I'm not saying he lied about the hypnotist, but IMO the info is suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    One question I want to know is did Mary know that Berry Gordy was Rhonda Ross father at the time she wrote Dreamgirls?
    Was she blind? Everybody and their mama knew who Rhonda's daddy was, except for Rhonda herself, apparently. I've always said that if Mary's whole point of Dreamgirl was to hurt Diana, she would've dropped that bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    If I remember correctly, JRT wrote that in CHMR. He was not very complimentary of anything he wrote of Mary in that book. I'm not saying he lied about the hypnotist, but IMO the info is suspect.
    JRT had a big falling out with Mary at some point and this reflects in certain passages in CHMR

Was she blind? Everybody and their mama knew who Rhonda's daddy was, except for Rhonda herself, apparently. I've always said that if Mary's whole point of Dreamgirl was to hurt Diana, she would've dropped that bomb.
    when Mary was promoting "Dream Girl" on a tv show the subject of Rhonda was brought up..she replied vaguely "Ive heard that rumour lots of people have told me but i dont know for sure" [[or words to that affect) Maxine Powell was also on this show and was said to be fanning herself furiously when the question was asked..

when Mary was promoting "Dream Girl" on a tv show the subject of Rhonda was brought up..she replied vaguely "Ive heard that rumour lots of people have told me but i dont know for sure" [[or words to that affect) Maxine Powell was also on this show and was said to be fanning herself furiously when the question was asked..
    It was on the show AM San Francisco, I think. I couldn't believe that an audience member would actually stand up and ask something so tacky, discussing a child's paternity in such a fashion.

Many years ago, someone in the Yahoo groups said that much of the info re recording sessions was given to Mary by a friend at Motown. It seems like they wrote down what were slated as Supremes sessions. But as proven with the subsequent release of LOST AND FOUND, some of the songs listed didn't even contain backing vocals.
    aha that sounds logical..mystery [[one of many) solved..thanks Reese your so kind to answer my questions your a gem
    Last edited by nomis; 05-11-2021 at 10:15 PM.

It was on the show AM San Francisco, I think. I couldn't believe that an audience member would actually stand up and ask something so tacky, discussing a child's paternity in such a fashion.
    Didn't Raynoma go so far as to write about it in her book? I haven't read it since the 90s but I thought she did.

Didn't Raynoma go so far as to write about it in her book? I haven't read it since the 90s but I thought she did.
    She did. And before that, she went on Joan Rivers and stated it there as well.

She did. And before that, she went on Joan Rivers and stated it there as well.
    Raymona was well known to not hold her tongue ..she wasnt putting up with any diva nonsense when she was Diana's solo tour assistant in 1970/71

Raymona was well known to not hold her tongue ..she wasnt putting up with any diva nonsense when she was Diana's solo tour assistant in 1970/71
    That's why it was so low of Raynoma to mention it in her book. Her chapter on Diana was gossipy enough without stooping to discuss Rhonda's paternity.

That's why it was so low of Raynoma to mention it in her book. Her chapter on Diana was gossipy enough without stooping to discuss Rhonda's paternity.
    even Berry was scared of Raymona

even Berry was scared of Raymona
    It seems they made amends. By the time Berry's book was released, he said she had recanted many of her statements and that they were closer than ever. I do remember seeing some photos of them together taken shortly before her passing.

Ray deserved a beat down for that. Bringing children into these things is the lowest of the low. I wonder if she and Diana made up at some point.

Ray deserved a beat down for that. Bringing children into these things is the lowest of the low. I wonder if she and Diana made up at some point.
    That was a low down thing to bring up. I know Ray was broke but thats still not an excuse.