[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Il divo announce new album for once in my life: A celebration of motown

    https://www.redlightmanagement.com/i...on-decca-gold/

    RENOWNED VOCALISTS IL DIVO ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE: A CELEBRATION OF MOTOWN SET FOR JULY 16TH RELEASE ON DECCA GOLD
    Brand New Interpretations Of Motown Classics Includes Guest Appearances From Motown Luminaries Smokey Robinson And Boyz II Men
    First Single “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” Features The Celebrated Artist Marvin Gaye The Track Is Available Worldwide Now Across All Digital Platforms
    Very Special IL Divo Mother’s Day Global Streaming Event Set For May 8th At 8:30PM CST Tickets On Sale Here
    May 7, 2021 [[New York, NY) Famed vocal superstars IL Divo [[Spain’s Carlos Marin, America’s David Miller, France’s Sebastien Izambard and Switzerland’s Urs Buhler) announce their 10th studio album, For Once In My Life: A Celebration Of Motown [[Decca Gold), set for release on July 16th. The jubilant set features special guests Smokey Robinson and Boyz II Men and kicks off with an incredible rendition of the Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrrell pop soul classic “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.” You can pre-order the album and listen to the single here [[LINKFIRE).
    IL Divo’s celebratory collection of Motown classics include their distinctive take on chart topping songs such as “I’ll Be There” [[The Jackson 5), “For Once In My Life” [[Stevie Wonder), and “Say You, Say Me” [[Lionel Richie). Additionally, the quartet introduce brand new collaborations with superstar group Boyz II Men [[“I’ll Make Love To You”), the legendary Smokey Robinson [[“The Tracks Of My Tears”) and the peerless vocals of singer/songwriter Marvin Gaye [[“Aint No Mountain High Enough”). The 10-track album truly showcases the quartet’s incredible vocal talents as they pay tribute to the legendary artists and label that has been a part of the musical fabric of America and the world for over 60 years.
    “When we first dreamed of this album the most important thing to us was to make sure that our interpretations respected and honored the timeless appeal of the songs,” the group stated. “To that end, we made sure that every note was sung with the utmost care and it was our privilege to add our own unique vocal sound to the musical history of Motown. We hope the fans enjoy the music as much as we enjoyed recording it.”
    Most recently the platinum selling group announced a special Mother’s Day global streaming event set for May 8th at 8:30 PM CST. Tickets to the virtual performance can be purchased here.
    IL Divo is the most commercially successful, classical crossover group in international music history, a standing that IL Divo still currently enjoys since they first banded together in 2003. With over 30 million albums sold, 160 gold and platinum albums in 33 countries to their credit IL Divo were the first Classical Crossover artists to have an album debut at #1 on Billboard’s Top 200 chart.
    For Once In My Life: A Celebration Of Motown Track Listing:
    1. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” Featuring Marvin Gaye
    2. “For Once In My Life”
    3. “The Tracks Of My Tears” Featuring Smokey Robinson
    4. “My Girl”
    5. “I’ll Make Love To You” Featuring Boyz II Men
    6. “River Deep Mountain High”
    7. “I’ll Be There”
    8. “Reach Out I’ll Be There”
    9. “Say You, Say Me”
    10. “My Cherie Amour”

    Name:  1ed31385d31e5886decda358138dc918.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  11.6 KB

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    https://www.redlightmanagement.com/i...on-decca-gold/

    RENOWNED VOCALISTS IL DIVO ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE: A CELEBRATION OF MOTOWN SET FOR JULY 16TH RELEASE ON DECCA GOLD
    Brand New Interpretations Of Motown Classics Includes Guest Appearances From Motown Luminaries Smokey Robinson And Boyz II Men
    First Single “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” Features The Celebrated Artist Marvin Gaye The Track Is Available Worldwide Now Across All Digital Platforms
    Very Special IL Divo Mother’s Day Global Streaming Event Set For May 8th At 8:30PM CST Tickets On Sale Here
    May 7, 2021 [[New York, NY) Famed vocal superstars IL Divo [[Spain’s Carlos Marin, America’s David Miller, France’s Sebastien Izambard and Switzerland’s Urs Buhler) announce their 10th studio album, For Once In My Life: A Celebration Of Motown [[Decca Gold), set for release on July 16th. The jubilant set features special guests Smokey Robinson and Boyz II Men and kicks off with an incredible rendition of the Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrrell pop soul classic “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.” You can pre-order the album and listen to the single here [[LINKFIRE).
    IL Divo’s celebratory collection of Motown classics include their distinctive take on chart topping songs such as “I’ll Be There” [[The Jackson 5), “For Once In My Life” [[Stevie Wonder), and “Say You, Say Me” [[Lionel Richie). Additionally, the quartet introduce brand new collaborations with superstar group Boyz II Men [[“I’ll Make Love To You”), the legendary Smokey Robinson [[“The Tracks Of My Tears”) and the peerless vocals of singer/songwriter Marvin Gaye [[“Aint No Mountain High Enough”). The 10-track album truly showcases the quartet’s incredible vocal talents as they pay tribute to the legendary artists and label that has been a part of the musical fabric of America and the world for over 60 years.
    “When we first dreamed of this album the most important thing to us was to make sure that our interpretations respected and honored the timeless appeal of the songs,” the group stated. “To that end, we made sure that every note was sung with the utmost care and it was our privilege to add our own unique vocal sound to the musical history of Motown. We hope the fans enjoy the music as much as we enjoyed recording it.”
    Most recently the platinum selling group announced a special Mother’s Day global streaming event set for May 8th at 8:30 PM CST. Tickets to the virtual performance can be purchased here.
    IL Divo is the most commercially successful, classical crossover group in international music history, a standing that IL Divo still currently enjoys since they first banded together in 2003. With over 30 million albums sold, 160 gold and platinum albums in 33 countries to their credit IL Divo were the first Classical Crossover artists to have an album debut at #1 on Billboard’s Top 200 chart.
    For Once In My Life: A Celebration Of Motown Track Listing:
    1. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” Featuring Marvin Gaye
    2. “For Once In My Life”
    3. “The Tracks Of My Tears” Featuring Smokey Robinson
    4. “My Girl”
    5. “I’ll Make Love To You” Featuring Boyz II Men
    6. “River Deep Mountain High”
    7. “I’ll Be There”
    8. “Reach Out I’ll Be There”
    9. “Say You, Say Me”
    10. “My Cherie Amour”

    Name:  1ed31385d31e5886decda358138dc918.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  11.6 KB
    I think this might well upset both Motown and Il Divo fans - this lead track seems to be a hybrid of Marvin and Tammi's and Miss Ross's version with Marvin's vocal shifted in tempo - not sure I like it at all but will reserve a full opinion until I've heard the whole LP.

  3. #3
    Whoever presented Il Divo with this idea should be fired...for real. I knew this would be a bad idea, just going off of the press release. Hearing the single release of Ain't No Mountain on Spotify confirmed everything. I actually ended up laughing, because it sounds so ridiculous.

  4. #4
    When I get to hear this awful record, I shall judge it fairly without any preconceptions.
    Last edited by 144man; 05-09-2021 at 09:04 PM.

  5. #5
    Nice try, though....

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    When I get to hear this awful record, I shall judge it fairly without any preconceptions.

    As in, "we'll give him a fair trial and then sentence him to death?" LOL...isn't that quote from "Alice in Wonderland" or something like that?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    https://www.redlightmanagement.com/i...on-decca-gold/

    RENOWNED VOCALISTS IL DIVO ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE: A CELEBRATION OF MOTOWN SET FOR JULY 16TH RELEASE ON DECCA GOLD
    Brand New Interpretations Of Motown Classics Includes Guest Appearances From Motown Luminaries Smokey Robinson And Boyz II Men
    [CENTER]First Single “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” Features The Celebrated Artist Marvin Gaye [B]The Track Is Available Worldwide Now
    Hey, Jack! I'm sorry to have repeated your earlier thread. I was out of commission for a few months and didn't realize that you had already announced it. I just found out about IL DIVO's new Motown-tribute CD last night, thinking it was brand-new news and wanted to share it.

  8. #8
    Gary, Just glad to see you are back in commision! Almost every thread on here has a previous thread - don't worry about it!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Gary, Just glad to see you are back in commision! Almost every thread on here has a previous thread - don't worry about it!
    Thanks, Thom! Ya win some; you lose some.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    https://www.redlightmanagement.com/i...on-decca-gold/

    RENOWNED VOCALISTS IL DIVO ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE: A CELEBRATION OF MOTOWN SET FOR JULY 16TH RELEASE ON DECCA GOLD
    Brand New Interpretations Of Motown Classics Includes Guest Appearances From Motown Luminaries Smokey Robinson And Boyz II Men
    First Single “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” Features The Celebrated Artist Marvin Gaye The Track Is Available Worldwide Now Across All Digital Platforms
    Very Special IL Divo Mother’s Day Global Streaming Event Set For May 8th At 8:30PM CST Tickets On Sale Here
    May 7, 2021 [[New York, NY) Famed vocal superstars IL Divo [[Spain’s Carlos Marin, America’s David Miller, France’s Sebastien Izambard and Switzerland’s Urs Buhler) announce their 10th studio album, For Once In My Life: A Celebration Of Motown [[Decca Gold), set for release on July 16th. The jubilant set features special guests Smokey Robinson and Boyz II Men and kicks off with an incredible rendition of the Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrrell pop soul classic “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.” You can pre-order the album and listen to the single here [[LINKFIRE).
    IL Divo’s celebratory collection of Motown classics include their distinctive take on chart topping songs such as “I’ll Be There” [[The Jackson 5), “For Once In My Life” [[Stevie Wonder), and “Say You, Say Me” [[Lionel Richie). Additionally, the quartet introduce brand new collaborations with superstar group Boyz II Men [[“I’ll Make Love To You”), the legendary Smokey Robinson [[“The Tracks Of My Tears”) and the peerless vocals of singer/songwriter Marvin Gaye [[“Aint No Mountain High Enough”). The 10-track album truly showcases the quartet’s incredible vocal talents as they pay tribute to the legendary artists and label that has been a part of the musical fabric of America and the world for over 60 years.
    “When we first dreamed of this album the most important thing to us was to make sure that our interpretations respected and honored the timeless appeal of the songs,” the group stated. “To that end, we made sure that every note was sung with the utmost care and it was our privilege to add our own unique vocal sound to the musical history of Motown. We hope the fans enjoy the music as much as we enjoyed recording it.”
    Most recently the platinum selling group announced a special Mother’s Day global streaming event set for May 8th at 8:30 PM CST. Tickets to the virtual performance can be purchased here.
    IL Divo is the most commercially successful, classical crossover group in international music history, a standing that IL Divo still currently enjoys since they first banded together in 2003. With over 30 million albums sold, 160 gold and platinum albums in 33 countries to their credit IL Divo were the first Classical Crossover artists to have an album debut at #1 on Billboard’s Top 200 chart.
    For Once In My Life: A Celebration Of Motown Track Listing:

    1. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” Featuring Marvin Gaye
    2. “For Once In My Life”
    3. “The Tracks Of My Tears” Featuring Smokey Robinson
    4. “My Girl”
    5. “I’ll Make Love To You” Featuring Boyz II Men
    6. “River Deep Mountain High”
    7. “I’ll Be There”
    8. “Reach Out I’ll Be There”
    9. “Say You, Say Me”
    10. “My Cherie Amour”

    Name:  1ed31385d31e5886decda358138dc918.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  11.6 KB

    Oh dear God Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

  11. #11
    It might not be our cup of tea but they still have a large following who might hear something new!

  12. #12
    I listened to their cover of "Ain’t No Mountain High Enough", and I wouldn’t say it’s bad, it’s just... quite strange. I also have no idea who these guys are, so maybe I can’t appreciate them so much. I'll still hold out for the rest of the album, maybe it’ll be worth it for their version of "Say You, Say Me” or something.

    Good to see some love for Motown though

  13. #13

  14. #14
    How sad that the only news that's being posted about new Motown releases is a covers album by Il divo. Is this what it's come to.

  15. #15

    wow what a classy, tasteful, well-dressed group.

  16. #16
    I didn't mind it. I liked the orchestration and the energy and Marvin. They really had to augment the track with female background singers...I missed the top notes from Tammi. I would have thought the tenors could have provided those top notes. One voice I found too operatic.

  17. #17
    I gave this a chance and...nah, fam. Completely devoid of flavor.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.