[REMOVE ADS]

Patti and Gladys to Reunite for Mother’s Day on BET

If you enjoyed Patti LaBelle and Gladys Knight when they participated in a Verzuz event last fall, you’ll be thrilled to know they are reuniting for DJ Cassidy‘s Mother’s Day special set of “Pass the Mic” to air on BET Sunday, Mother's Day, 9pm Eastern.

“I’ve been wanting to ask Patti LaBelle to do [‘Pass the Mic’], and I’ve always had this dream of having a Mother’s Day episode, so I saved that call, and I’m so happy I did. If you’re having Patti LaBelle, it’s only right that you have Gladys Knight,” says Cassidy.

Cassidy lays out why it was important to him to have the 2 legends participate in the Mother’s Day event.

“They represent the epitome of love and all that is motherhood and womanhood. I could not have put on the celebration without them,” Cassidy said. “They exude the spirits and feelings of emotion and love.”

https://eurweb.com/2021/05/08/dj-cas...he-mic-on-bet/

This sounds like a nice event; I don't get access to BET so I hope someone posts it on YouTube.

I was not familiar with the show or its concept. On one hand, it was disappointing to see only a minute or so of performing from these two superstars, but on the other hand, seeing some of the others [[Shirley Jones, Karyn White, Valerie Simpson, Howard Hewett) was kind of interesting. I could have done without the DJ talking over everybody but I guess it is his show and he can do what he wants. Is this a regular BET feature?

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I was not familiar with the show or its concept. On one hand, it was disappointing to see only a minute or so of performing from these two superstars, but on the other hand, seeing some of the others [[Shirley Jones, Karyn White, Valerie Simpson, Howard Hewett) was kind of interesting. I could have done without the DJ talking over everybody but I guess it is his show and he can do what he wants. Is this a regular BET feature?
    There are quite a few of these on YouTube. I became familiar with DJ Cassidy after one of these aired after the recent Soul Train Awards. But it had Jody Watley, Deneice Williams, Chaka Khan, etc. I thought it was well done, everyone looked and sounded great, and there was also that element of surprise.