[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Supremes #1s

Supremes #1s

been listening to the #1 collection today and i forgot how good the remix of You Keep Me Hangin On is.
    what songs would you like to see have a fresh mix, mine would be Forever Came Today.
    then , Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet love. this songs always feels like it ready to take off but needs a fresh mix

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    been listening to the #1 collection today and i forgot how good the remix of You Keep Me Hangin On is.
    what songs would you like to see have a fresh mix, mine would be Forever Came Today.
    then , Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet love. this songs always feels like it ready to take off but needs a fresh mix
    Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love has always been a favorite of mine...so, I'd love to see a remix of that.

Although it was never a single, of course, the ever so popular among fans, "Going Down for the Third Time", while very good, actually could be even better with a remix [[or a 'tighter' instrumentation using some more compression in the mix/mastering process) to give it more punch.

"No Matter What Sign You Are", while a good song, sounds too abrasive to me. Remix/remaster it, please.

"I'm Living Shame", while being a somber song, aurally lacks enough polish, in my opinion.

"Forever Came Today", another favorite especially because of Diana's interpretation, could use a fresh remix/remastering [[or do something at the background vocals which just reminds me of birds chirping in the background...no offense to the singers themselves). Further emphasize and bring up front the lead vocal and the background vocals. Maybe a little more punch in the bass.

"When the Lovelight Starts Shining"- beautiful, touching lyrics that get lost in the frantic delivery. I don't know what could be done to de-emphasize the rhythmic pattern and replace it with something less frantic. Maybe digitally slowing down the whole track just a little. Also the lead vocal tends to get lost in the mix as it is.

These are just my observations based on my preferences.

Did you hear the new mix of Going Down on the Sing HDH expanded.
    Love 💞 it

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I would Looove to hear an alternate mix of "Forever Came Today"..one of my fav Supremes singles and yes, the remix of "You Keep Me" is bangin

Been listening to this CD a lot lately