[REMOVE ADS]

DRATS Funny Girl CD: $7.80 on Amazon

For those that didn't purchase, or would like a 2nd copy. 72% off!

https://www.amazon.com/Sing-Perform-...0337697&sr=8-1

Ordered !!!! Thank you for the info !!

Thank you MB!!! I only had one copy and now I have a sealed one for cheap. You're the best!

Wow, unbelievable price. Today it's even cheaper, only $7.15! I bought a second set as well. I'm not an Amazon Prime user but when I ordered it they offered free delivery to an Amazon hub [[locker) near me, so I took it. A great deal.

I have now bought this album at least 4 times - on the original vinyl, on the downloads, on the bootleg single CD, and now the authorized expanded edition [[twice!). Still, it's a great album, a new discovery for me, as I only played the vinyl once I think. Now I have enjoyed it many times since it came out on CD. Unfortunately, not being a person used to listening to downloaded music, and not having a good vehicle to listen to it except my phone, the downloads never even did it for me.

Thanks for the great find!

^^^^^^

Down to $6.78.

I wonder if the goal is to make it sell out or...?

It's now listed at $19.29

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    It's now listed at $19.29
    Dropped back down to $13.40.

More fun than watching the stock market!

So pissed I missed the big sale!!!!!! I need that album. I'll just get it for the 13

Dropped back down to $13.40.

More fun than watching the stock market!
    Yes, and I’m just as bad at predicting Amazon price fluctuations as I am at the other!

Down to $11.50 for those that still haven't picked up a copy, or second copy.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Wow, unbelievable price. Today it's even cheaper, only $7.15! I bought a second set as well. I'm not an Amazon Prime user but when I ordered it they offered free delivery to an Amazon hub [[locker) near me, so I took it. A great deal.

I have now bought this album at least 4 times - on the original vinyl, on the downloads, on the bootleg single CD, and now the authorized expanded edition [[twice!). Still, it's a great album, a new discovery for me, as I only played the vinyl once I think. Now I have enjoyed it many times since it came out on CD. Unfortunately, not being a person used to listening to downloaded music, and not having a good vehicle to listen to it except my phone, the downloads never even did it for me.

Thanks for the great find!
    Kenny, glad to hear that the DRATS "Sing And Perform 'Funny Girl'" bug finally bit you! It's been among my favorite Supremes albums since its 1968 release. Diana's voice took a huge leap into maturity with this recording. I'm still amazed and impressed every time I hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Kenny, glad to hear that the DRATS "Sing And Perform 'Funny Girl'" bug finally bit you! It's been among my favorite Supremes albums since its 1968 release. Diana's voice took a huge leap into maturity with this recording. I'm still amazed and impressed every time I hear it!
    The remaster on this was done so beautifully that, similar to the “A Go Go,” remaster, it made me fall in love with an album I thought was only ho-hum the first time around. As for the “Funny Girl,” especially considering how young Ross was at the time, her interpretations were very well done and hold up extremely well. Discovering these albums again was truly a revelation.

At the time, wasn't this one of the only Supremes/DRATS albums to have never been issued on CD? I think GIT might be the only other one?

At the time, wasn't this one of the only Supremes/DRATS albums to have never been issued on CD? I think GIT might be the only other one?
    Yes, Mary. That's correct on both counts.

im sure GIT was on cd at some point..im sure i checked it on amazon a few yrs back i could be wrong im getting old now lol

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    im sure GIT was on cd at some point..im sure i checked it on amazon a few yrs back i could be wrong im getting old now lol
    GIT was never released officially on cd. There have been some bootlegs floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    GIT was never released officially on cd. There have been some bootlegs floating around.
    official or bootleg it was listed on amazon..around a decade ago i bought plenty of bootlegs on amazon - Beyonce,Eminem etc I remember a friend commenting on my facebook at time "I didnt think they were allowed to do that.." they certainly used to

now ive had a sugar fuelled energy drink to get the old brain working ive just remembered GIT cd used to be listed on I Offer all the time..i assumed, as with most cds on that site it was a bootleg but I believed the amazon listing was an official version.. a very kind member on the site who I sadly think has passed away now sent me a burn of the album which quickly left me as a show girl i know used to perform the "leading Lady" medley in the 1970s and told me it was the hardest Diana track to find so i made an old showgirl happy and gave her the cd

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    now ive had a sugar fuelled energy drink to get the old brain working ive just remembered GIT cd used to be listed on I Offer all the time..i assumed, as with most cds on that site it was a bootleg but I believed the amazon listing was an official version.. a very kind member on the site who I sadly think has passed away now sent me a burn of the album which quickly left me as a show girl i know used to perform the "leading Lady" medley in the 1970s and told me it was the hardest Diana track to find so i made an old showgirl happy and gave her the cd
    That's so sweet of you. I have a friend that is a Diana impersonator, and over the years I've slipped her a few rare tracks.

Back on sale for $9.33.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    The remaster on this was done so beautifully that, similar to the “A Go Go,” remaster, it made me fall in love with an album I thought was only ho-hum the first time around. As for the “Funny Girl,” especially considering how young Ross was at the time, her interpretations were very well done and hold up extremely well. Discovering these albums again was truly a revelation.
    Wasn't Diana Ross 24 or so when she recorded the Funny Girl album? Barbra Streisand was 22 when she opened the show on Broadway.

W o w! Diana Ross was only 24! This album has a Broadway charm due to Gil Askey's musical expertise. Ms. Ross' voice is stellar in this
    recording.

Now $6.45 on Amazon.com. I purchased two copies

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Wasn't Diana Ross 24 or so when she recorded the Funny Girl album? Barbra Streisand was 22 when she opened the show on Broadway.
    I have to agree. Diana's command of this material at such a young age and quick-turn learning, rehearsing and recording of it are extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    Now $6.45 on Amazon.com. I purchased two copies

A steal! Definitely worth picking up an extra copy at that price!