[REMOVE ADS]

Thoughts on Remember by Diana Ross from I Love You album?

I Love You seems to be an album that a lot of Diana Ross don't think too highly of. But there are some good song choices on them. Including this one which opens and then is briefly reprised at the end. I think it's lovely.

Thoughts on this?

its the best track on the album IMO...i wonder if she was a fan of Harry Nilsson's work.. this is the second time she covered one of his tracks [[the other was "The Point" in an Evening With Diana Ross show)

One of the best songs; I would chose Lovely Day as the best song. But I do agree that some of the other songs sounded like they were back by a karaoke track. And I never cared for The Look of Love.

Lovely. Just, ... lovely. Such a wonderful singer.

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    its the best track on the album IMO...i wonder if she was a fan of Harry Nilsson's work.. this is the second time she covered one of his tracks [[the other was "The Point" in an Evening With Diana Ross show)
    I was going to mention the Nilsson connection. Of course, the 'Evening' show had an entire section dedicated to 'The Point'. Mr. Bluebrock ... do YOU know?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I was going to mention the Nilsson connection. Of course, the 'Evening' show had an entire section dedicated to 'The Point'. Mr. Bluebrock ... do YOU know?
    I don't know for sure but i think she must have at the very least admired Harry Nilsson. When she guest hosted the mid morning show on radio 1 back in the early 90's one of her musical choices was "without you", and she did like Mariah's version.
    I don't think Harry wrote that particular classic so maybe she just loved the song. I do not recall her ever mentioning him. Sorry.

I think that is the only song on the cd I do not care for

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I don't know for sure but i think she must have at the very least admired Harry Nilsson. When she guest hosted the mid morning show on radio 1 back in the early 90's one of her musical choices was "without you", and she did like Mariah's version.
    I don't think Harry wrote that particular classic so maybe she just loved the song. I do not recall her ever mentioning him. Sorry.
    I would love to one day hear that radio one stint..I'm sure copies circulate in fan circles..a stroke of marketing genius by uk emi..they could teach the u.s. Motown division a thing or two...

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    I would love to one day hear that radio one stint..I'm sure copies circulate in fan circles..a stroke of marketing genius by uk emi..they could teach the u.s. Motown division a thing or two...
    I may still have them on audio cassette. She was on fire at that time. We got to the studio 2 hours prior to airtime which was either 9am or 9.30am. We chose the songs to be played the previous day. She really did take it all very seriously. There were only a couple of diva moments and they merely added to the fun. Even my spilling my coffee on her trousers caused only a couple of minutes of diva tantrums. She had so much fun on those 5 mornings. When the show was over she mulled over what was to be played the following day. Sometimes it would be mid afternoon before she left the studio.
    Happy memories that will never fade.

REMEMBER is a nice enough recording. But when I play the cd, I tend to skip it because there's a bit of a rasp at :19 on the line "...close your eyes." It makes me wish she had gone back to redo that spot.

That said, my absolute favorite on the album is WHAT ABOUT LOVE.